We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Unable to change backup settings

marwerno
06-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Deepwinter
did you ever get a solution to this, Im having the same problem
I am also interested. One of my Backup does not stop for 2 months now!!!
It is hung and I cannot do anything about it....

What has worked on another backup (only some times):
Set Hubic to "Pause"
Close Hubic
Restart Hubic
Sometimes it works that you can (for a very short time before the backup starts) change the setting for updating to "Never"
"OK" quickly.
Now exit Hubic again
Restart Hubic
If the task is stopped correctly, you might now be able to change the other settings as you wish as the backup has stopped updating.

Note:
On another occasion it has only worked when I restarted the PC instead of just exiting Hubic. Not shure what is the cause that it works only occasionally. Maybe it has also to do with the internet speed? It might be worth to disconnect the Internet once the Login proceedure is complete?

To the Hubic team:
This is a REAL PROBLEM!
I have some backup with over 250GB in size and a very slow internet connection (takes 2 or more months to upload all if there are no changes!).
If I have done a wrong setting or want to move the location to somewhere else I can't do anything!!!
It also sometimes seems to hang sometimes. There should be an error log to see what file is causing the problem . I appreciate the pop-up with a short error message, but I certainly will not sit on the PC just watching for a occasional pop-up...
Where is this log file kept??

Deepwinter
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM
did you ever get a solution to this, Im having the same problem

leej0nes
06-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I've noticed that two of my backups are versioned. I don't need this functionality. I've paused synchronisation (which I guess is not related), restarted etc. but it won't let me change the settings, they are all grated out and there's a animated progress icon and a message saying Backup in Progress next to each of the three backups.

How can I stop the backups to change the settings?

(OS X Mac Mini 2012 running up-to-date Yosemite).

Thanks.