We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Upload of 56GB needs 2 weeks/24h/d - frustrating

rafa espada
06-21-2015, 05:24 PM
I use OS X and my internet conection is a 350Mbps/35Mbps and I connect from Basque Country (spain).

I think hubiC is not perfect, but the performance is it. I try several services to backups online my data and for me hubiC is the best (for me).

NicholasCram
06-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Quote Originally Posted by rafa espada
I have 35Mbps upload speed and Hubic has a good performance. I upload 4GB in a hour. Is posible that you can't use all the band with? whats is a speed in Runing Operations in Hubic?

http://rafa.espada.info/uploads/tmp/...c-24844701.png
Hi Rafa
What OS are you on? I am also experiencing very slow upload, something around 100-130 kbps.
Regards,
Nicholas

rafa espada
06-16-2015, 10:02 AM
I have 35Mbps upload speed and Hubic has a good performance. I upload 4GB in a hour. Is posible that you can't use all the band with? whats is a speed in Runing Operations in Hubic?

http://rafa.espada.info/uploads/tmp/...c-24844701.png

Rosenholz52
06-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Hello dear hubiC-users and hubiC-responibles,

I startet with hubiC (100GB account) about 3 weeks ago.

My internet connection is a DSL-Line of Telekom with nom. 6.000 kBit/s down (real 3.500 - 3.800) and 550 kBit/s upload (real 530 - 560).

My "cloud data" are mixed data (mainly documents like Word, Excel, PDF, TXT, etc., Backup Thunderbird and Firefox, Backup of all Pay-Software (actual installation files and keys), Driver-SW of all of my devices, and some other files, but very less fotos. The file-length is very different; not only small files, not only large files - just mixed.

The upload of 56 GB of those files needs 2 weeks - day and night. Now it's more practicable, because I synchronize only my daily changes.

I had the same experience before with Mega. And I thought it's because of the long distance to New Zealand or wherever the servers are located. And now, just in the surrounding, there are the same problems.

Can somebody explain to me what the reason may be for this low band width?

Everybody speaks and writes since years about cloud computing. Google, Microsoft & Co. ask for every foto made with the smartphone. Others, like Acronis and also hubiC, ask for complete PC backups directly to the cloud. And they offer cloud sizes of 1TB and more. If I would use those offers my devices would never be switched off. May be that's good for the devices and the electricity company - but it's bad for my bill for electricity, for my feeling of home security (i.e. fire, damage after stroke of lightning) and my feeling of internet security (risk of theft of my data and other dangers).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards - Rosenholz52