We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Android: Where are my files?

votsalo
05-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Yes, that's true. I also got a 10T account, but I got it for backup.
Now I'm trying to figure out if I could also use the sync folder feature.
I think the two features could be merged, as I commented here:
https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....ll=1#post20456

I think the sync behavior is not communicated clearly on the hubic website. Here's what the website says:

"Your documents stay with you everywhere on every one of your devices."

"If you make changes to a file on your computer, it will then be automatically updated across your other devices."

Neither of these statements are 100% true for the Android app.
How can my documents "stay with me" if I don't have offline access to them?

Saying that a change is "automatically updated across your other devices" is similar to saying that a change in a public website is "automatically updated across all computers in the world".

A more accurate statement would be "access your documents remotely from every one of your devices".

vm1990
05-25-2015, 04:27 PM
Hubic can be used to sync files accross multiple devices but think of it from another angle. if you have a device with 128Gb worth of files and it auto syncs on all devices what happens if you have a device with 16Gb of storage? this is why hubic has the download button so not all devices have to be synced and you can pic and choose what you need or want. ( id be screwed with my 10TB account xd

votsalo
05-25-2015, 02:25 PM
I installed the Android app, but I cannot see my files on the Android filesystem.
I can see the files in the hubic app, but only if I am online.
Furthermore, I see a "Download" option at the menu next to each file.
Why would I need to download a file if the file is already synchronized to my android device?

Perhaps I misunderstood what hubic does. I though it synchronizes a folder across multiple devices by copying files.
Is this not the case?
Does it only store the files online and copy them to each device when I try to access the file?

The linux app sets an explicit synchronization folder.
I expected to be able to also set a synchronization folder with the Android app.