We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

how to cancel a backup in progress?

ago.deconto@gmail.com
06-02-2016, 09:00 AM
How can I stop an uploading I have begun? It is too long!

philanthropy.gr
02-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Thank you for this information, I will try when needed again, and post here the results.

Hoxus
01-20-2016, 04:07 PM
Hi,
First, sorry for my english, it's not my maternal tongue.

I use linux client, and I don't have any issue for deleting a detached backup.
But once, I have the same issue than some users : lauching huge backup, and cannot stop it.
For that, you should :
- stop hubic (linux : hubic stop)
- change path of your backup (linux : hubic backup config --path=/path/to/empty/dir/ backup_name)
- restart hubic

It's will "detach" the backup, stop the backup process, and you could delete it.

hggodoy
10-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Vaya mierda de servicio.... nadie se digna a responder... no hay soporte de ningun tipo y la aplicacion/webpage tiene mas bugs que las versiones alphade windows.

philanthropy.gr
10-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Hello there,
I have the same question,
how to cancel a backup in progress.
I kindly ask the support team for a response.
Thank you.

Juergen
07-01-2015, 06:36 AM
I have the same problem.
I started the backup for a folder with some huge files.
Now I want to cancel this job because it is to slow.
Nevertheless the described solution seems to do not work for my installation, because backups are running in parallel.
Is there an officially supported way to cancel a running backup job?

votsalo
05-25-2015, 09:53 AM
How can I cancel a backup that is in progress, before it completes?
I am using the linux client.

I have started a backup that is extremely slow. I want to cancel it.
I tried to run "hubic backup delete ..." and got the error, "Command failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Operations in progress."
I tried to delete the backup from the Web UI. It displayed the progress indicator for several minutes. I logged-out and logged in again in the Web UI: The backup was still there.
The command line "hubic status" shows that the backup is still going.

I was able to delete the backup as follows:
I started a new backup for another folder (I had already done this before trying to cancel the other backup).
Backups don't seem to run in parallel, so the second backup is waiting for the first backup to complete.
I stopped the hubic process with "hubic stop" and started it again with "hubic start".
I ran "hubic status" and noticed that hubic was now uploading files from the second backup.
I deleted the first backup with "hubic backup delete ...".
Now "hubic backup info" does not list the first backup, but the Web UI still shows the deleted backup.

I don't know if the method I followed would work every time.
When hubic starts and there are multiple backups pending, which backup starts first?

Next time I will try removing (renaming) the local backup folder.Since the files would no longer be there, hubic might get an error and stop.