We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Missing accents. The uncompressed file's names is different than original names..

votsalo
05-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Non-ascii filenames work fine with the linux application. To show up correctly, I needed to setup my locale.

I believe hubic uses binary filenames, so it doesn't care about character encoding.

It's up to the originating/receiving computer to do the correct character encoding.

m7e2
05-23-2015, 04:38 PM
When I use the hubiC's Windows Client to download a backup, that make it fine. The names of files is stay correct. This is an acceptable solution for my problem, but negative: it's download overall backup set. This is better way than download the files one by one from the hubiC's WEB surface.

However, the best things would be:

- the hubiC's Windows Client support the selective download.
and/or
- in the zip (hubiC's WEB surface selective and downloaded megafile) the filenames is stay correct.

Sorry my english, again.
I think my comments more important than my grammar mistakes.

m7e2
05-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Somebody have any solution for this problem?

m7e2
05-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Sorry, my english is weak.

When I download a backuped folder, the hubiC compress it into a .zip file.
The uncompressed file's names is different than original names.
The accents, spaces and the other spec. characters is changed to a normal english ABC chars and "_".

For example:

Original:
Autotal Szakvélemény műszaki károk rendezéséhez.pdf

Unzipped:
Autotal_Szakvelemeny_m__szaki_karok_rendezesehez.p df

Interesting:
When I download a simple file only, the file name is still correct. (Chrome browser yes, but IExplorer no.)

Thank you!