We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can be used like Google Drive / OneDrive?

szavatar
04-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Still, Expandrve is the only one that worked for me on both Windows and Mac. On Linux you can try hubicfuse, but it can be unstable at times.

Jason
04-13-2015, 09:31 PM
Expandrive looks good, but not cheap. Ok, $50 for a single user isn't awful but I'm paying just a little more than that for 10TB of cloud space.

Let's be honest, if you have 10TB of cloud storage, you don't really need any more space with other providers

szavatar
04-02-2015, 11:37 AM
I use Expandrive (http://www.expandrive.com). It works flawlessly.

Jason
04-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Well, Swift Explorer is kind of that app, but it's still quite basic.

quadcore
03-31-2015, 11:47 PM
Thanks man. Looks like website upload is really the only way to go. Unless I use the app to sync, than just disable sync maybe for folders I want to upload.

Hopefully one day there is an app you can just drag and organize files with

Jason
03-31-2015, 11:35 PM
Yeah, you can drag files in to your browser like you can with Google Drive and OneDrive and upload them. You don't need to store them on your computer AND in hubic - that's fine if you want to sync files between devices but if you want to use your hubic space as somewhere just to archive stuff, you can. Either upload them directly to hubic or install the backup application to your computer and you can have it backup files to hubic (this is not the sync, just a way of keeping backups).

The only thing you can't do in hubic is drag/upload folders - you have to manually create the folder and then upload the files to that folder. If you need to upload a bunch of stuff that's in folders, you can use Swift Explorer which works really well, except it's very slow compared to uploading via the web app.

Oh and the other thing you can;t do via the web app is upload a file bigger than around 5GB - but again, Swift Explorer will let you do this.

quadcore
03-31-2015, 11:25 PM
From what I see, I have to make a shared folder. Those files get synced, which is fine. The only thing is, it still takes up space on my computer. If I remove them from the folder, they get deleted from my hubiC account.

I have a 1TB Google Drive and 415GB OneDrive. I'm wondering if there's a setting on this to make it work similar. Drag files to it for it to upload and not use storage on my computer.

I don't even have a 1TB drive to store files on, so I wouldn't be able to use hardly any of that 10TB plan if I have to keep files here on my PC to stay synced.