We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Performance from the other side of the world (New Zealand)

vcasse
04-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Hi xyzzy,

On Windows, you can set this parameter inside the registry into regedit:
The keyname is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OVH\hubiC-sync\ParallelUploads

We don't have WebDAV gateway to hubic. Be warn to check usage of large file (> 100Mb) during copy/move/delete if you develop it.

Best regards,
Vincent

xyzzy
03-31-2015, 09:15 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vcasse
Hi xyzzy,

Your performance from New Zealand is a good feedback for us

What application do you use? hubiC for Linux, Mac or Windows?
Can we try this tip? https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....ull=1#post7284
Our Mac and Linux app could be have latency between two fileuploads. Increase paralleleUpload increase badnwith use by hubiC

Regards,
Vincent
I was using the Windows app on my wife's laptop (Vista, 32bit). And running the traffic through a web proxy in Los Angeles, as this doubled the transfer rate. Does the windows app support parallel uploads, and if so, how do I turn it on?

I'm also looking at writing a WebDAV->Hubic gateway so my media player can play things directly out of Hubic. I'm assuming you don't have any features in the works for this sort of thing?

vcasse
03-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Hi xyzzy,

Your performance from New Zealand is a good feedback for us

What application do you use? hubiC for Linux, Mac or Windows?
Can we try this tip? https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....ull=1#post7284
Our Mac and Linux app could be have latency between two fileuploads. Increase paralleleUpload increase badnwith use by hubiC

Regards,
Vincent

xyzzy
03-29-2015, 09:51 PM
I've just signed up to hubiC. We have fibre internet with 50Mbps of upload, but on average the hubiC client is only using 6Mbps.

Does hubiC open a new TCP/SSL connection for every file it uploads? The ping time from here to hubiC.com is 300ms, so this makes the per-file overhead quite high. Looking at the resource monitor in windows, I see spikes while individual files are being backed up, with sizable (>500ms) gaps between those spikes.