We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Detach backup?

jdesgats
02-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Yes, as long as you chosen to keep deleted files on hubiC, you can move you backup to another folder: it will upload the content of the new folder without deleting existing files.

Note that you do not need to detach the backup first:
Code:
$ hubic backup config --path=/the/new/path backup-name
Will do the job in one go (and will immediately trigger a beckup update).

virtualmarc
02-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Thanks for your answer.

So when it has been detached, can I attach it again with hubic backup attach to another directory and then add more files? (Do I have to do a hubic backup download first?=

jdesgats
02-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Hello,

If I understood you correctly, you want to wipe all data from your local computer. In this case you can just delete or rename the backup folder, it will be detached automatically on next start (or next attempt to update it). But you won't be able to add files anymore on it.

As you selected to keep deleted files on hubiC, you can also delete some files inside the backup, while adding new ones. The backup will still be attached to your computer. On the next update, only added/changed files will be uploaded.

virtualmarc
02-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Hello,

I'm currently using the Linux Beta Client, which works fine for now except the high cpu usage, but thats a thing I don't care on that device.
I created a backup of a directory with "hubic backup create". The client started to upload them and I verified that they are successfully uploaded.
Now I don't want to have these files on the device and so I want to detach the backup storage and delete the files locally.
Is this possible?
I told hubiC to not updat the backup automatically and to keep deleted files in hubiC.

Thanks,
Marc