We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Several general questions for Hubic Staff

Jason
02-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Surferride
- Does the service supports file versioning?
The backup feature does, yes:
Attachment 377

In regards of privacy, does anybody at Hubic offices can read the filenames or the files themselves I can store in a FREE or Paid account?
I'm sure they have better things to do than look at your files.

Considering this, I need to have some kind of certainty that whatever free storage I will get, or if I hire the 10 TB plan for 10 Euros per month, the cost will be kept maximum like this and will not be increased to me. And also that the same will not be ever cancelled while my bills are all paid in full.
I don't know if you will ever get a 100% guarantee but I believe that the €10 option will remain €10 for the foreseeable future. Again, if you pay your bills they won't cancel your account. Of course, nothing in life is guaranteed, and you could go with anyone - Bitcasa, Google, MS, Box etc - and not guarantee that their prices won't go up or they won't stop the service.

- In regards of your referral system, I don't understand it, it says that I would get 500 GB per referral but I am getting only 5. It seems there is something I don't understand. What do I have to do to achieve 2.5 TB of free storage?
You'll get 500GB per signup if you are on the 10TB service.

derbroti
02-27-2015, 01:21 PM
I can answer these two:

- In regards of your referral system, I don't understand it, it says that I would get 500 GB per referral but I am getting only 5. It seems there is something I don't understand. What do I have to do to achieve 2.5 TB of free storage?

- On Hubic.com website I dont see access to contact any support team. The paid plans have some kind of support?
Take a look at: https://hubic.com/contracts/Contrat_parrainage_2015.pdf (it is french...)

Code:
Le quota de stockage offert sera le suivant :
• Si le Parrain détient un espace de 25 Go: 5 Go lui sont offerts
• Si le Parrain détient un espace de 100 Go : 10 Go lui sont offerts
• Si le Parrain détient un espace de 10 To : 500 Go lui sont offerts
So you get the additional space according to the tier you are paying for, which is fair.

The second question:

You can send a mail to: help@hubic.com they will create a ticket for you through which you can communicate with them.
Also there is the "HubiCTeam" account here where you can send support questions to as a private message.

Surferride
02-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Hi, I am a new Hubic user and I have some technical questions for the Hubic Staff.
Also I will use these answers to write a review of the service after testing on my blog: ITCentralPoint.com.
Thank you for addressing these questions:

- Does the service supports file versioning?

- In regards of privacy, does anybody at Hubic offices can read the filenames or the files themselves I can store in a FREE or Paid account?

- It happened to me once already that I hired the services from BitCasa when they offered an unlimited storage account. They weren’t able to support their business and they cancelled the unlimited plans and raise the costs to 10 times more for a limited storage account. Considering this, I need to have some kind of certainty that whatever free storage I will get, or if I hire the 10 TB plan for 10 Euros per month, the cost will be kept maximum like this and will not be increased to me. And also that the same will not be ever cancelled while my bills are all paid in full.

- What client side encryption systems would you recommend?

- Does your Synology NAS App allows me to select different folders from different directories on my NAS to sync to Hubic to use it as offsite backup

- On Hubic.com website I dont see access to contact any support team. The paid plans have some kind of support?

Thanks for your comments on these questions

Best regards,

Surferride