We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Better progress reports when syncing

agodfrin
02-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Quote Originally Posted by jdesgats
Hello,

The upper bar show the status of the queue (that is, changes that have not been processed yet), not running operations. However we note that progress feedback could be improved in some ways.

Thank you for your feedback
Ah OK: you mean the status shows what is still waiting, after the current running operations ? That makes sense.

Indeed it would be good to improve this progress box.

Thanks

Albert

jdesgats
02-19-2015, 01:42 PM
Hello,

The upper bar show the status of the queue (that is, changes that have not been processed yet), not running operations. However we note that progress feedback could be improved in some ways.

Thank you for your feedback

agodfrin
02-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Actually, the "See running operations" box gives incorrect information. I am looking at one where the top says there are 3 uploads in progress for a total of 661.27 MB.

But the three uploads shown in the list clearly do not match that: they are 256.95 + 95.06 + 144.95 which adds up to a bit less than 500 MB.

Meanwhile the uploads progressed. Now the top says there are 2 uploads in progress for 501.15 MB, but the box actually shows 3 uploads going on.

This does not make for a reliable service.

Attachment 373

agodfrin
02-18-2015, 05:48 PM
I am using the MacOSX client for syncing.

I am missing a way to better see the progress of a sync operation. A click on the Hubic icon on the top bar does not show anything. Clicking "See running operations" shows the progress of the files being uploaded, but does not give a good view of the total progress, other than the "changes in queue" indication that seems to show a count of the number of files and GB that still need syncing ?

A clearer indication would be:
- number of GB synced out of the total to sync
- number of files synced out of the total files to sync
- time elapsed and an estimate of time remaining (a progress bar would be nice)

Thanks