We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Can i use hubiC on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials? + Pre-Sales Questions

nsteinmetz
01-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Ok, thanks for the precisions.

jdesgats
01-20-2015, 04:56 PM
Actually the current design is that the scheduled task just send a message to an already running hubiC process under the same session. So if you can manage to have a running hubiC process, scheduled tasks should work as expected.

It is primarily designed for desktop users which start their "master" hubiC process at session startup.

nsteinmetz
01-20-2015, 03:47 PM
Quote Originally Posted by jdesgats
The update posted last week (version 2.1) allows you to completely disable the synchronization and keep only backup feature. It also exposes some features on command line, so you can integrate it with task scheduler. The tutorial still needs to be translated, but you can do "hubic.exe help" to get available commands.

Windows Server versions are currently not tested, but hubiC has not any requirements besides the .net framework 4.0 (or newer). So it should work without problem. You can test it with a free account to be sure that everything works fine. However, the client does not run as a service but as a regular process so you need an opened session.
The first paragraph made me hope that I could run a scheduled task with the hubic.exe file but the 2nd one make me lose such an hope. So where is the truth ?

Thanks,
Nicolas

jdesgats
01-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Hello

Quote Originally Posted by nqservices
Hi,
1- I don’t plan to use hubiC for sharing or synchronization purposes. I only want to use hubiC for remote / offsite backup purposes in order to keep all my data safe. So can I use hubiC just as a backup and disable all the other not needed features like sharing and synchronization?
The update posted last week (version 2.1) allows you to completely disable the synchronization and keep only backup feature. It also exposes some features on command line, so you can integrate it with task scheduler. The tutorial still needs to be translated, but you can do "hubic.exe help" to get available commands.

2- Is hubiC 100% compatible and can be installed on a server running “Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials 64bit”?
Windows Server versions are currently not tested, but hubiC has not any requirements besides the .net framework 4.0 (or newer). So it should work without problem. You can test it with a free account to be sure that everything works fine. However, the client does not run as a service but as a regular process so you need an opened session.

3- If yes to question number2, can I use hubiC to make offsite / remote backups of my Windows Server 2012 64bit?
Yes it should not cause any issue as long as you don't try to backup system files. Also the AppData folder is filtered out by default.

4- I have some ISO and ZIP files with around 8TB. So is there any file upload limit on hubiC?
No, there is no file limit, but currently, you can't have more than 10TB on a single account so you won't have munch space left after uploading a 8TB file.

EDIT: For really huge data sets, you may be more comfortable with raw object storage. You can find such service at RunAbove (another OVH brand), we offer raw OpenStack Swift storage, the same technology that hubiC uses behind the scenes, for all kind of data without the 10TB limit for an account. See here for more informations.

nsteinmetz
01-19-2015, 08:32 PM
I have the same question on a W2008R2 server ; does hubic work without having a session opened ? It seems it does not by default and only works under an opened session.

Thanks,
Nicolas

nqservices
12-24-2014, 02:15 AM
Hi,

Im very interested in buying the 10TB hubiC plan to make offsite backups of my work office local server. But before I buy hubiC I have some pre-sales questions to make and I really appreciate if someone form the official OVH / hubiC team can respond to my questions:

1- I don’t plan to use hubiC for sharing or synchronization purposes. I only want to use hubiC for remote / offsite backup purposes in order to keep all my data safe. So can I use hubiC just as a backup and disable all the other not needed features like sharing and synchronization?

2- Is hubiC 100% compatible and can be installed on a server running “Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials 64bit”?

3- If yes to question number2, can I use hubiC to make offsite / remote backups of my Windows Server 2012 64bit?

4- I have some ISO and ZIP files with around 8TB. So is there any file upload limit on hubiC?

Thanks