We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Download Resume?

takagari
01-29-2015, 08:12 AM
My comment of it being ieasy was an understatement, any coder could do it. I'm not a coder. Your ftp option would be great if I ran linux.

The service is cheap. but don't advetise as a cheap alternative to companies when you have no where near the services. FTP access etc. would not be a huge change.
Releasing an app update that allows you to access/resume files from within a backup, rather than an entire backup. Would be a great start.

Charles89
01-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by takagari
If your unble to offer even a bit of support, close the company.
I disagree, I just say price accordingly, and that's what they've done

But when you click to download a bunch, it does not download each, one at a time, it zips them as one large download
unless you tell me that you download 10GB one 100mb file at a time? That's insane?
Doing it manually? Yeah, that's insane. Automate it.

Any monkey with access could write a proper download script that does not involve the entire backup. with resume.
Why don't you? There's all the protocols available to you.

Or give bloody FTP download access?
They basically do, they provide OpenStack Swift access, so, you can do what you want. If you want to access it via the FTP specification, then a simple Google search turned up this, I admit I've not used it, but it seems to do the job you request.

Would that be so hard?
Yes, because that's a huge infrastructure change.

I'd like to point out I'm not saying they shouldn't implement it (Double negative?), I'm just saying that for the price you're paying, don't expect them running about implementing it A.S.A.P.

takagari
01-22-2015, 03:16 AM
Upload resume is not what I care about.
I have a major folder backed up. If I want to downlaod an internal file that's 1-2GB in size, it's simply not possible. I would need to download the entire backup.

takagari
01-22-2015, 03:15 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Charles89
First of all, I would like to point out the price you're paying. €10/10TB/month. That's insanely cheap relative to other companies that provide support, almost ten times cheaper. When you're paying such a small amount, you have to understand that some things will be dropped. One of the largest costs for a company is man-hours, so dropping that (And support) makes the service a lot cheaper.

Second of all, in the meantime, have you considered splitting your files into smaller chunks? For instance, I archive all my files into 100MB archives, so, I can concurrently download all the 100MB archives that make up a file, if one fails, I just have to redownload that chunk.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not a staff member at Hubic, so my first comment is pure speculation, but, honestly, you do have to take it into consideration.
If your unble to offer even a bit of support, close the company.

As for rar's. Sure they are
But when you click to download a bunch, it does not download each, one at a time, it zips them as one large download
unless you tell me that you download 10GB one 100mb file at a time? That's insane?
Any monkey with access could write a proper download script that does not involve the entire backup. with resume.
Or give bloody FTP download access? Would that be so hard?

tesk
01-19-2015, 07:26 PM
I would like to second this. At least a merge function when recovering files I need to download files over and over as if just one file (5+ GB so web interface does not support it), I would have to redownload everything. Merge function into folders or as a temporary solution, single file restore could also work.

vcasse
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi takagari,

Our desktop applications manages upload resume.
If you use web application, this behavior is not present because of browsers limitations.

Kinds regards,
Vincent

Charles89
01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
First of all, I would like to point out the price you're paying. €10/10TB/month. That's insanely cheap relative to other companies that provide support, almost ten times cheaper. When you're paying such a small amount, you have to understand that some things will be dropped. One of the largest costs for a company is man-hours, so dropping that (And support) makes the service a lot cheaper.

Second of all, in the meantime, have you considered splitting your files into smaller chunks? For instance, I archive all my files into 100MB archives, so, I can concurrently download all the 100MB archives that make up a file, if one fails, I just have to redownload that chunk.

I'd also like to point out that I'm not a staff member at Hubic, so my first comment is pure speculation, but, honestly, you do have to take it into consideration.

takagari
12-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Come on, your a 10TB company, you offer unlimited file size's, but if a person's internet chirp's, your software restart's.

How can you NOT offer file resume? this is crazy.

Although it seems no one from Hubic watches here lol