We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Upload without sync + more space

marwerno
04-14-2015, 11:04 PM
2 other options:
Select the drive to sync, but on the sync setting only seelct the folders to sync (start with your most inmportant one/ largest/ smallest), once it says all is synced, include the next folder to sny in the setting. So one by one you know exactly what has been synced and what can be deleted.

Other option: NetDrive 2 can connect to Hubic and give you a drive letter (Free for use for 30 days, after 30 days some restrictions, but none that would stop you from using it). So simply copy all the files (/ fodlers one by one into the "Hubic Drive" once the copy is done you know it has been uploaded to Hubic and can be deleted.

emmacr
11-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Thank you so much for your advice Tesk.

That explains it... I'll get on to copying your system immediately.

I actually wondered if there is company that does a very cheap offline backup (like in the old days of tape dives) where data would be retrievable in days rather than hours.. Cheap enough to back EVERYTHING UP on the basis that something critical could be recovered with a bit of time and trouble. I suppose it could be a physical backup of the disk rather than a logical backup which would make it even faster and cheaper to backup ... only a bit more of a bother to recover from at the end.

tesk
11-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Here is how I do it.

In Bitcasa you can upload to any folder you like, Hubic is a bit different as just lik OneDrive and Google Drive they try to make you sync all your data as that would be a safe bet that people dont have 10 TB hard drive installed in their computers.

Hubic have the backup feature which allows you to copy/backup files onto Hubic and then you are allowed to delete the files off your machine when they are uploaded completely (look at the progress monitor when right clicking on the icon at the clock)

So what I do is that if its small files, I have a folder called "Storage" in the Hubic sync area - but no devices/computers sync this so I start by uploading it to a folder which syncs and then moves it into the storage folder to remove it from all my devices while still keeping it on Hubic.

And if its bigger files, I use the backup feature. I am not sure you can access the backup files from the mobile apps (yet).

But moving big files on HUbic - I have tried with system images, it takes forever and the reason is that it needs to copy the whole file to a new directory and remove the file from the old one.

But compared to Bitcasa, speeds are much much higher, the client is less buggy and file corruption has only occured when trying to move a big file using the webinterface from one folder to another.

emmacr
11-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Hello HubiC and Forum members

I'm another one that has come over from Bitcasa. yay!

I have set about moving files from the Bitcasa directories to the HubiC directories to find that these were synced with my system disc c:. And since it is a solid state disk it is now 100% full and complaining loudly!! So I have the following questions if anybody can help me (sorry if these are already in the French entries but my French is not good enough to spot them!)

1. Is there a file management system which will help me confirm what has successfully uploaded and ensure I don't triple up load files 'for good measure'
2. How do I manage the syncing of files across all the devices?
3. How do I manage the backup utility on HubiC?

If I can get these questions answered I will be delighted - and so far HubiC is smoother and easier to use than Bitcasa... so good work and thank you

tesk
11-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Hello,

I tried Expandrive and it does not work with files >5 GB. So that is a nogo. Uploading files into one folder and moving them into another (especially large files takes forever and will most likely never finish - 40-50 GB file did not finish in 2 days).

Swift explorer seems to be doing an okay job, but uploading through it is a pain compared to the official hubic client. I get around 15 Mbit/s - 20 Mbit/s when using the official client (backup or sync) and Swift Explorer seems to be working at 50 kbit/s. So I am going with the backup function which is doing what I want. Although I would prefer a option to move files between backup and sync using the webinterface - and the other way around, so if I have a folder in sync, I could make a backup from the webinterface without having to reupload everything and if I need a backup synced out, I could move it to the sync section

vcasse
10-30-2014, 02:08 PM
Hi,

We don't provide WebDAV access on our infrastructures.

Regards,
Vincent

hup
10-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by vcasse
You can use our new backup feature too
Maybe WebDAV?

vcasse
10-30-2014, 10:27 AM
You can use our new backup feature too

hup
10-29-2014, 10:59 PM
You can use expandrive
But i miss is official supported

novexx
10-28-2014, 08:01 PM
I want too upload without sync

tesk
10-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Hey,

I just bought the 10TB plan today as Bitcasa announced that they are going to throw their company into the trash can - which of course is their own decision.

Although, I found Hubic and speed are great and I have great trust in OVH (I rent a Kimsufi server as well) so I found that this was the place to be as I still need plenty of online storage.

Anyway, I lack a feature which can save files online only - I mean, 10 TB sync is a bit overkill and I have already found the option to not sync some folders and I have set up a system like this. I have one issue with this is that when I upload my data (Imagine that here in the beginning its a lot) it will get synced out before I move it to one of the "online" only folders.

Also, unlimited storage for 10 a month is most likely not a great business plan, but what about buying extra storage when you reach your limit? 10 for 10TB, so maybe 0,5 pr additional TB after the 10TB?