We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How to delete old backups?

mohawkmatt
04-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Hi All,

I ran into a similar problem as you, started a backup of a large data set (2TB) and wanted to cancel it but wasn't able to. I have found a method which works for me on Windows 2012R2 and I'm glad I didn't have to go poking around in the database to fix it.

I had a folder which was C:\Videos added as a backup, I was unable to delete it as the operation was in progress here is what I did:

1) Right click Hubic system tray - "Pause"
2) Quit Hubic
3) Create a dummy folder "C:\DummyVideos"
4) Create a text file inside here with actual text in it (I went with test.txt and "test" as the contents) (yes this is actually needed*)
5) Relaunch Hubic
6) Right click - Select "Backups"
7) Select your backup so in my case "Videos" C:/Videos/
8) Click "..." next to the Local path box and change the folder to your newly created C:\DummyVideos\

9) and 10) might not be necessary

9) Quit Hubics
10) Open Hubics
11) Right click - "Resume"

*I originally tried this with empty folders but I found that the backups never changed state from a "checking for changes" type of status so it was important to put a small file in the folder.

Once the backup of your small files is complete (almost instantly) you can then select and delete the entry.

Hope this helps some of you!
Matt

Hoxus
01-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Hi,
First, sorry for my english, it's not my maternal tongue.

I use linux client, and I don't have any issue for deleting a detached backup.
But once, I have the same issue than some users : lauching huge backup, and cannot stop it.
For that, you should :
- stop hubic (linux : hubic stop)
- change path of your backup (linux : hubic backup config --path=/path/to/empty/dir/ backup_name)
- restart hubic

It's will "detach" the backup, stop the backup process, and you could delete it.

hubic_user
11-18-2015, 12:06 PM
Are there any news on this? - I've the same issue when trying to delete old backups or older versions of a backup.

How can I delete them?

Teuto
06-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Hi,

i have the issue, the Web UI is sworking and working and working and working over hours when i delete my backup..
All active Team Members has disabled the PM function, and now?

wreckedred
05-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Any update on this?

fatso83
05-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Four months later this still does not seem to be fixed

Code:
hubic backup delete /mnt/backup/priv/
This will delete all files and archived versions in backup priv, local data will left unmodified. Do you want to proceed ? [y/N] y
Command failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Operations in progress.

TheFlyingCelt
04-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Quote Originally Posted by sylvainc
Hi Xavier,
Xavier, this is not the way a forum should work. Please share something that would help all of the users that run in this issue, which mean any user willing to delete a large backup I guess.
And if there's an issue that cannot be solved without hubic cloud administrators manual intervention, please have someone at OVH make a public statement about this so that people stop wasting their time trying to do it on their own...

Tks
BR, Sylvain
Finally someone talks some sense!! What's the point in running a forum if the staff provides answers only in private?? A forum is sharing knowledge, otherwise it doesn't make sense to exist.

xavierh
01-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Hello,
Our development team are trying to find a solution to improve and solve all problems generated by the delete process.
Pending, I advise you to explain us your problem by contacting our team : https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....eam-on-Private
Don't forget to give us your hubiC email and your problem summary.
Thanks.

Best regards,

moose
01-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I thought I was the only one with this problem, I was going to start a new thread, glad I saw this.

Can someone from hubic/ovh shed some light on this matter.

Regards

saumon
01-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Hi,

I'm in same case as muz and would need a solution to this issue.
This would be great if it could be written in this thread.

Thanks,

muz
01-03-2015, 07:57 AM
Hi,

I'm a user with a 10TB account and I'm stuck in the same situation.

I tried a backup of my big HD (more than 1.5 TB), but after 100GB of backup I want to stop it and delete. But I can't.

There is no way to stop it. If I try to delete the backup from the desktop app it says that it cannot be deleted because operations are running.
If I try to delete from the web app it starts the deleting process but even after hours (!!) it says 'deleting' and the wheel is still spinning.

I also tried to uninstall the app, but if I reinstall it everything starts the same and I cannot stop the backup from uploading without pausing the whole app.

What should I do?

Regards,

Muz

Creaweb
12-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I agree with sylvainc, it's borring to find solutions about hubic and falling on a message of xavierh with manual intervention needed without any follow-up after.

Same kind of problem on my side, delete on the web application is not working and backup is still in progress on the client side, even if no activity...

Any method/info the hubic team can share publicly is welcome...

Regards,

Benoît

sylvainc
12-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Hi Xavier,
Xavier, this is not the way a forum should work. Please share something that would help all of the users that run in this issue, which mean any user willing to delete a large backup I guess.
And if there's an issue that cannot be solved without hubic cloud administrators manual intervention, please have someone at OVH make a public statement about this so that people stop wasting their time trying to do it on their own...

Tks
BR, Sylvain

xavierh
08-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi,
Can you please specify me your hubiC e-mail on a private message to check the pb ?
Thanks.

xavierh
hubiC team.

vostrushka
08-27-2014, 02:46 PM
I can. I know. It just does not work. It stays spinning the progress icon but it does not do anything.
The problem is that the interface does not allow to delete individual files one by one on the backup structure.
Any thoughts?
Regards
Leonid

Quote Originally Posted by vcasse
Hi,

You can delete your old backup on web application.

Regards,
Vincent

vcasse
08-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi,

You can delete your old backup on web application.

Regards,
Vincent

vostrushka
08-27-2014, 02:09 PM
I backed up my iPhone once.
I want to delete that backup.
Could someone tell how to do it?
When I select backup folder and from "other options" select delete it starts the process, but does not do much.
After a while the folder and content is still there.

So, again. How to delete old backup?

Regards
Leonid