We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error during sincronization


PedroGF
07-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Thank you very much. Using the script you provided me I managed to locate the file with the wrong code. It has not been easy, because it only showed me the error but not the file name, so I had to go to locate directory to directory.

Thanks again.

jdesgats
07-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Hello,
Unfortunately, the logs does not say which file failed We will fix that in a future version.

For now, you could be able to find the problematic files with the following steps:
[list][*] Hit Win+R[*] Enter 'powershell' in the prompt[*] Once in the PowerShell window, move to your hubiC directory : 'cd '[*] Enter the following script (you can copy it and paste it with right-click)
Code:
Get-ChildItem -Recurse . | ForEach-Object { try { $a = $_.FullName.IsNormalized(); } Catch { "***ERROR*** " + $_.FullName } }
Normally, files with invalid Unicode characters in name should be printed.

PedroGF
07-18-2014, 04:36 PM
No help? No answer?

PedroGF
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Is there any way to find which is the file that is generating the error?

PedroGF
07-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Hi,
It is possible. I have contracted 10 Tb of storage and have a lot of data. I will try to verify what you mention me.

jdesgats
07-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Hello,

It's strange we don't manage to reproduce the issue on our side. Do you have files with strange display on their name (with squares or things like this) ?

PedroGF
07-11-2014, 10:06 AM
It's a local drive, An USB 3.0 drive with NTFS format.

jdesgats
07-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Hello,
Sorry for slow answer

This error means that one of the file or folders contains badly encoded characters. What is the nature of the G: drive ? (local hard disk, network disk ?)
If it is a network disk, what is the remote side ? (NAS, Samba share, ...)

PedroGF
07-10-2014, 08:15 AM
No answers?

PedroGF
07-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Hello,

I have installed the synchronization application hubiC in windows 8.1 in Spanish. Since a few days ago the following message appears:

Got exception during synchronization of G:/99 - Nube/hubiC/: System.ArgumentException: La cadena contiene puntos de código Unicode no válidos.

The application appears to work, but the message is very annoying, plus leave me with the question of whether something is not synchronizing correctly.

The log displays the following:


[ERROR | 05/07/2014 11:01:34 | Ovh.Hubic.Sync.AI.Indexer.Index] Got exception during synchronization of G:/99 - Nube/hubiC/: System.ArgumentException: La cadena contiene puntos de código Unicode no válidos.
Nombre del parámetro: strInput
en System.Text.Normalization.IsNormalized(String strInput, NormalizationForm normForm)
en Ovh.Hubic.Sync.AI.ChangeChecker.Fs(FrozenFile local, FrozenFile db, IStorableObject remote)
en Ovh.Hubic.Sync.AI.Indexer.d__19.MoveNe xt()
en Ovh.Hubic.Sync.AI.Indexer.Index(IStorableObject obj, ElementPipeline sink, CancellationToken token)
I await your response.