We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Am I missing something!

xavierh
07-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Hi roger,

Yes, the current client only allows a single directory to be defined as the top point within the file system but we are also working about a backup system (added to the currently synchronisation system).

Many users use also only the web app https://hubic.com/home/ or independant app like SwiftExplorer : https://hubic.com/en/apps.xml

The Swift Explorer application enables you to view the content of your online storage space and store files/folders without synchronising them. Useful for archiving documents on hubiC without having to save a copy locally. Available for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.

have a good day,

regards.

roger
06-24-2014, 05:49 PM
I've just started to look at this solution as my current off-site solution for backing up my files is begining to to show its limitations, not in terms of its costs, but more due to the underlying tech they have deployed.

So far its looking good for me to sign up to the 100GB storage option as that will protect my core files and at a nice price.

Looking at the 10TB option I am wondering how anyone can use this - the current client only allows a single directory to be defined as the top point within the file system, beneath which sub directories can be selected. This seems to have major limitations

- My main system has a number of small drives, so the maximum amount I seem able to sync up will be the size of one of my drives.
- This structure does not work across systems well without a lot of messing around. There is no way that I wish to merge my complete pictures and music directories across devices, but I also have no wish to run directories that are independent of the standard Windows directories under my home directory.

So as far as I can see, the 10TB price is there because it just about impossible for an average user to make use of it from a single system or across a number of devices.