We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I would like to mount hubic drive as normal hard drive (like google-drive-ocamlfuse)

FriesW
06-16-2014, 05:40 AM
There are some possible solutions that already exist, but they are a bit technical. The one that sounds most like what you need is written by Turbo called HubicFuse. The idea is that your Hubic is connected to a mount-point like a thumb drive. However, it does take a lot of work and technical know how to install, and it is Linux in flavor, so probably would be hard to install on Windows, Chromebook, etc. If your up to it, the project can be downloaded from GitHub.

Another more immediate and instant-ready option is a new piece of software called Swift Explorer. It is written in Java, so it should be platform independent. The program is still in its infancy, but it looks promising. Here is the Hubic form post that announces the project and has all the necessary links.

I hope this helps and provides enough to get started!

mesmariusz
06-12-2014, 08:26 AM
I would like to mount hubic drive as normal hard drive (like google-drive-ocamlfuse), due to:

1. My system drive is 10 GB, so there is no sense to synhronize between 10GB HDD and 25 GB cloud
2. I need more / extended free hard drive space to save some space on my local drive.
3. I would like to send files directly to hubic (I do not want them on my local hard drive).
4. I do not like / I do not trust synchronizing tools (files can be lost or destroyed, background process of application takes a CPU and RAM, a lot of versions of the same file taking space on cloud and not visible on local hdd, making diverence in "used space" in cloud panel (especially google drive) and so one).

I would like just moutnt this drive exactli like it is done by google-drive-ocamlfuse.
Is is or will it possible in the nearest future?

Thank you very much for any feedback.

Best regards
Mariusz