We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Blog Backup - FTP or custom script?

ChrisK
06-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks for theses informations FriesW.
I already know (because I already use it) Swift Explorer.

But the PHP Authentification script will be so useful, I might check it right now, thanks !

FriesW
06-16-2014, 06:33 AM
There are some great people both on this forum and on the web who are making good apps. There are three you might want to look into.

First is an authentication gateway written in PHP. All it does is handle the special authentication that Hubic uses, but then after that any standard swift client can access Hubic. This is made by OderWat on the Hubic forums and the code can be found on his GitHub. This with other programs could be used to provide FTP access, as a sort of "FTP gateway."

Second is a program that fully mounts the Hubic storage like a thumb drive or other external hard drive. However, it is more platform specific as it is linux in flavor. Again, written by Turbo, download from his GitHub.

Third is a rather new program written in java. Called Swift Explorer, it essentially is the gateway (first) with a swift browsing program. This might not be applicable to your application, but worth a look into. Here is the announcement on the forum about the new program.

I hope this helps!

ChrisK
06-02-2014, 09:48 PM
1) No

2) I'm not yet familiar with hubiC API.

peterb
05-30-2014, 03:36 PM
I'd deeply love to be able to use hubic to store my blog backup automatically.

I have the backup system and it normally used FTP.
It can use dropbox and s3.

Is there anyway I can use hubic?

1) Can we use FTP in to hubic?

2) Can anyone write my a PHP script (using the API) to take a folder on a web site and upload it to hubic?
(PM me your price if you can)

Many thanks
Peter