We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

[BUG] Conflicts are generated when synchronising a file currently in use

jdesgats
05-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Hello,

Conflicts occur when there is two different files locally and on hubiC and client software cannot reliably determine which one to keep. Such situation occur when:
  • Both local and remote files have changed between two syncing cycles
  • At fist sync after account setup or sync directory change (sync history is cleared so it is impossible to say which file to keep)

Do you reconfigure you account or sync directory often ?

wallys
05-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry but the responsability of such conflicts files rely to Hubic. I keep reading everywhere on the forum that the fault is always some third-party software... Really looks like the famous Bill Gate's sentence "it is not a bug, it is a feature".

I'm using Hubic on my pro data, but each time I use Visual Studio, Sublime, or Latex this create some conflicts files.

This should be reported as a bug. There are a bunch of technical solution to overcome most of the conflict situation (checking which "client" uploaded last, etc.).

Regards.

BertrandC
05-23-2014, 03:24 PM
Hello,

If your documents are use by another software, it has to carry him to the lock file.

We don't know if you use or not a file on your hubiC folder.

wallys
05-23-2014, 11:57 AM
No answer. Could Hubic communicate better about such issues ?

Thanks.

wallys
05-20-2014, 11:52 AM
I am a paid user of Hubic.

A bug occurs VERY OFTEN because Hubic attempts to sync files that are currently in use or being written leading to creation of MANY conflicts files. As a developper, this could be partially avoided by checking the handles opened on files being synced and by checking that a file is not being updated while being uploaded.

It is the second bug I report in Hubic without any response from technicians.
As a paid user of Hubic I start thinking this is not a professional tool.
Regards