We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Restore data after HDD crash

jdesgats
05-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Hello,

Yes, you can completely restore you data with the desktop application You only need to follow the following steps:
  • Disconnect the application from your account (Parameters => Change account)
  • Plug your new hard drive
  • Reconnect the application
  • The syncing will start and download all your files

The disconnect step is important here because on first sync after login, the local content (if any) and the remote one are merged together (so no files are deleted). If you keep the same "connection" and your new hard drive have the same path, the application will assume that you deleted all files yourself, so it will delete them on hubiC too.

Ace
05-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Hi,

At this moment, I am keeping an external HDD in sync with the Windows desktop application.
If that HDD would crash, fail, got stolen/lost or ..., what would be the best way to restore data? If I would buy a new external HDD and tell the desktop application to sync, will it just delete all my files from the hubiC storage?
Or is there a way to start that in some kind of 'recovery/restore' mode so that it would only do a download?
I assume that doing a download of several TB via the website is not the most optimal solution, if that would be possible at all...?

Thanks!