We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Disable simultaneous upload (Linux client)?

clanlaw
04-23-2014, 10:22 AM
That's great jdesgats. Many thanks. Working perfectly.

For re-starting interrupted uploads possibly a lower value would be worthwhile, particularly for those with low update rates.

jdesgats
04-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Hello,

There is a setting for this but it is not exposed to users (it only exist for debugging purposes), so you will have to edit configuration file by hand: add the following line to file ~/.mono/registry/CurrentUser/software/ovh/hubic-sync/values.xml after the "" line:

Code:
So the file should look like
Code:

Then restart the background process:
Code:
$ hubic stop
$ hubic start
This will limit the number of parallel uploads to 1.

About re-starting interrupted uploads, it is only done fore files bugger than 100MB, by 100MB boundaries.

clanlaw
04-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Is it possible to limit uploading to one file at a time with the Linux client? The reason is that I am uploading multiple large files (around 50MB) and my upload rate is only around 300kbps. So if I have three files to upload then each of them gets around 100kbps, so the upload takes around 1.5 hours. In addition, if the upload is interupted in any way during that time (for example I close the laptop lid, suspending the PC, or my somewhat flaky internet connection drops out) the the complete upload is aborted and the whole process has to start from the beginning again. Since the files are being created by a background process I don't necessarily know that files are being uploaded and therefore know not to close the laptop lid.

If I could limit the upload to one file at a time then each one would take 30 mins (rather than all three at once taking 90 mins) and at most only one file upload will be aborted at any one time.

Alternatively if the upload continued after an interruption rather than re-starting then that would be even better, but I imagine there are greater technical difficulties in this.