We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Backup for my photo collection

Trapper
04-23-2014, 08:54 AM
The web-uploader (website-in-a-browser) does not sync, it just uploads and downloads what you ask it to.

Depending on how many images you have, and what folder structure you use, this could be a possibility.

This method requires you to select the files you want to upload - you cannot select folders. If you have a large folder-structure and lots of files it may take a very long time...

~Trap

suzanka
04-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Right, I see. How about if I use the web uploader? Does it sync, too?

Trapper
04-22-2014, 04:49 PM
You need to be very careful about this...

Hubic is for synchronisation, not backup. If your photos are really important use a proper form of backup.

Example: you accidentally delete a photo... This "change" will be reflected, as soon as hubic notices the change, and the file will be deleted from hubic, and the other devices.

But, with that said, if you upload a copy of your ext HDD to hubic, and then use the web-interface to change the folder name, you could leave that as a sort-of backup.

HTH

~Trap

suzanka
04-22-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm very satisfied with the way the free version of Hubic works and I'm considering expanding my online space to the 10 TB option. I would like to make a backup of my photos but I have a few things to worry about. I have an external HDD where my photos are and, obviously, I don't keep it plugged in all the time. If I sync them through the desktop version of Hubic, will the online cloud still keep them? Also, I use two computers, so can I tell Hubic on my laptop not to sync the photos for offline use? I only want to upload them from the desktop PC and store them online in case something happens to the external HDD. Thank you!