We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

ABILITY to add more folders across computer to sync

Deepwinter
01-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Have you thought of using the Backup feature, thats what I use when I want to back Drives or large folders.

Attachment 640Attachment 641

Another option that might be of use to some people is Swift Explorer, Which can be found on the here;
https://hubic.com/fr/apps.xml

rborutta
11-15-2015, 01:52 PM
+1 on this feature

NellaNuvola
11-15-2015, 08:36 AM
+1
Please, add this important feature.

The database structure is already prepared.
In the sqlite database HUBIC.DB, there exists the table "synchronizedDirs", that contains the local name of directory (LocalPath), and the remote folders (Filters).

select * from synchronizedDirs;

Attachment 529

Great regards

Charlesphob
11-05-2015, 06:41 PM
JustifyDigital have a large business portfolio around the UK and most of our businesses are located in London or surrounding area's like Buckinghamshire. With this being said we provide a quality service and believe we are the best SEO firm in London and through-out the UK.

We pride ourselves in Customer support and feedback, and also ask our business to business clients to give us some type of criticism so we can improve overall as an effective business.

I have previously worked for search engine marketing companies in the past and this is why as a Managing Director customer satisfaction is my highest priority. Other SEO agencies in London seem to neglect their clients, which in the long term is bad for SEO, and does not look professional for both parties.

We have many reviews as placing us as the best "London SEO Services".

Contact us now for a free quotation, and we will guarantee a full SEO service that will get you the traffic and leads you need to make your website a success online.

For Local SEO visit our page for more information.

lander
11-05-2015, 08:29 AM
I'm new to hubiC and a paying customer. This feature is very important to keep my subscription active.

kevser_m
11-03-2015, 10:38 PM
+1 on this feature

kevser_m
11-03-2015, 10:36 PM
+1 Any update from hubic if this feature will be developed? (osx user)

Paladinz
05-02-2015, 12:37 PM
+1 also, I don't have either the space or inclination to copy tb's of files over to a specific folder just because your program insists I have to in order to sync them, it's one of the silliest ideas ever.

Thanks to Trapper for a very useful workaround, even if it doesn't handle networked locations.

marwerno
04-14-2015, 09:44 PM
+1 on this

www.mega.co.nz is providing exactly this solution. Maybe the devs team can look at this solution. They implemented it also in a rather nice way. I still have switched away from them to Hubic 10TB since Mega is pretty slow...

popandsoul
04-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Trapper
Hi rkrk,

While I second this, it would be a great addition, and would make it much easier for regular users to deal with files in multiple locations, there is a work-around.

Before I tell you what it is, I should say "thanks" to AndyS on the UK ovh forum for helping me with this...

This is Windows specific, but I guess there are similar ways to do this within other eco systems.

My setup has files spread across multiple drives:

S:\Documents\
S:\Software\
S:\Drivers\
T:\Audio\
V:\Video\

...I wanted to backup all of these.

So the answer for me was to create a folder s:\Hubic\

Then create a symbolic link for each of the folders:

mklink /J S:\Hubic\Docs S:\Documents
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Software S:\Software
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Drivers S:\Drivers
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Audio T:\Audio
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Video V:\Video

Now ask Hubic to use S:\Hubic as it's directory, it will backup all of the files from all of the locations...

Hope this helps,

~Trap
Hi Trapper,

your solution is great... but only if you have all our drives permanently connected...

If you sync with any of the drives unplugged, Hubic detects the corresponding linked folder as empty and... deletes the folder on the server...

I'm afraid that we need a more persistent solution from the Hubic team in next releases.

Thanks anyway for your work-around because I have learned a lot about links on windows.

3k0
11-25-2014, 10:05 AM
+1

Meanwhile, thanks @Trapper for the tips on using symbolic links!

Arthur987
08-11-2014, 10:20 AM
+1
Please, add this important feature to your Roadmap.

roger
07-22-2014, 12:52 AM
Without this feature your produce is a nice 'toy' that is good for 25GB of storage, but not fit for providing 10TB of storage. The reason being

1) Rather a basic reason, you can't create a 10TB environment, unless to start mounting physical disks under subdirectories of another disk. So as the end user I have to create a highly complex environment to get around an application limitation.

2) Without the ablity to sync different directory trees, to ablity to sync between devices is useless - I may wish to sync my picture directory and my document directory, but I may also have no wish to sync my music directory. Currently I have to change the default way in which my different devices work to fit in with the hubic limitations.

tate83
07-16-2014, 09:48 AM
I regard this as one of the most important features since I do not have hard drives with 10TB to copy everything to the same folder locally!

vcasse
04-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Hi,

This feature is not planned for the moment.

Regards,
Vincent

Trapper
03-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Quote Originally Posted by rkrk
The ability to choose more than 1 main folder to sync.
Hi rkrk,

While I second this, it would be a great addition, and would make it much easier for regular users to deal with files in multiple locations, there is a work-around.

Before I tell you what it is, I should say "thanks" to AndyS on the UK ovh forum for helping me with this...

This is Windows specific, but I guess there are similar ways to do this within other eco systems.

My setup has files spread across multiple drives:

S:\Documents\
S:\Software\
S:\Drivers\
T:\Audio\
V:\Video\

...I wanted to backup all of these.

So the answer for me was to create a folder s:\Hubic\

Then create a symbolic link for each of the folders:

mklink /J S:\Hubic\Docs S:\Documents
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Software S:\Software
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Drivers S:\Drivers
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Audio T:\Audio
mklink /J S:\Hubic\Video V:\Video

Now ask Hubic to use S:\Hubic as it's directory, it will backup all of the files from all of the locations...

Hope this helps,

~Trap

rkrk
03-28-2014, 09:27 PM
This is what ALL competitors are missing:

The ability to choose more than 1 main folder to sync.

Unlike dropbox and all the thousands of competitors, users want the flexibility of choosing which folders to sync without having to move things around or change their computer filing system or drag things /folder out of their original place just to be able to sync.

This is an important SELLING point for your paid subscription (and I'm one of them) - as a customer you don't change your computer structure or move things around, or learn stuff. You as a customer can choose ALL folders you want hubic to sync, even if they are not on the main tree. After all, hubic is about making your life easier not more complicated.

After you achieve that, which is guaranteed to attract much more customers (ask Syncplicity, this was their model attracting millions of users before being bought by EMC and ruining their product) - the next phase should be:

On your second and third computer / tablet, have the same offline file structure folders sync across all devices WITHOUT changing their location nor viewing inside an app / browser. (you could indicate which folder correlate to which folder on main computer). That will wow the competition.