We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Problems uploading large files

vcasse
01-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Hi oingcelot,

I can't use the file with expandrive, only with the web interface.
So, this is a bug from expandrive!

It only happens when the files are uploaded by the software agent, if I upload it by the webapp or directly from expandrive, they work fine.
Yes, because expandrive probably don't use large file system. In this case, you will have a limitation of 5GB for your files in expandrive.

Please contact expandrive support to ask an official support of "large objects from openstack".

Kinds regards,
Vincent

oingcelot
01-16-2015, 10:07 PM
I can't use the file with expandrive, only with the web interface. It only happens when the files are uploaded by the software agent, if I upload it by the webapp or directly from expandrive, they work fine.

vcasse
01-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Quote Originally Posted by oingcelot
I'm using Expandrive to get the file, and It shows 0K size, as well as the web interface.

If I download it, it downloads for the full size.
Indeed, that's the normal behaviour. In the web application, we hide size for filesize = 0K. I think this is not the case of expandrive.
The most important is that you can download your file

Kings regards,
Vincent

oingcelot
01-16-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm using Expandrive to get the file, and It shows 0K size, as well as the web interface.

If I download it, it downloads for the full size.

vcasse
01-16-2015, 10:12 AM
Dear Carl,

Please note that in the marketing information when registering and purchasing the 5TB solution, there is no mention of this.
There is only a limit inside web browser application.
We don't hide this informaton, because it's very important : https://hubic.com/en/limits
You can note that this information is old, because now, limit is 5GB if your browser allow it (For instance, the limit of firefox is 2GB)

Why doesn't it work with large files?
There is multiple reasons for these limitation.
The main: browsers are not designed to send large data! So, just recent browser can send a lot of data.

To store your data, we use (and offer) OpenStack Swift. Size of files are unlimited inside openstack swift. But if you want to upload a file larger than 5GB, you have to cut your file in chunk.
Cutting file into browsers is hard! Our recent test failed: some browsers store the file in RAM, and I think your don't have 300+ Gb of RAM.

@oingcelot:
Trying to upload files bigger than 5GB. It's impossible with the web application, but if I upload with the windows software, they appear as 0Kb size, and cannot be accessed via swift.
Can you explain me your problem. Big files don't have size information, but I think your usage of swift is not good to get a file.

Kings regards,
Vincent

oingcelot
01-15-2015, 11:54 AM
+1 here.
Trying to upload files bigger than 5GB. It's impossible with the web application, but if I upload with the windows software, they appear as 0Kb size, and cannot be accessed via swift.

Did you know about this issue? How to upload these files?

Thanks

gcpropulser
01-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Addendum.

Can you please confirm the maximum file size for uploading via your downloadable software?

Thank you,

Carl.

gcpropulser
01-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Dear Vincent,

thank you for this information.

We are now in January 2015, and I would like to ask this question again,

Why doesn't it work with large files?

Please note that in the marketing information when registering and purchasing the 5TB solution, there is no mention of this.

If have tried several times with a 360GB video file, and I have lost my patience. It has taken a lot of time to come to the conclusion it does not work.

I know also a person who has tried on the same account with a video file of 200GB, and it also did not work. The same thing. It just restarts. We thought first, there is something on our server side, but I read today on this blog, and I understand, it is not the case.

If you would reconfirm only 5GB files are accepted for now, without proposing another solution in the very short term, there will be unhappy customers. Especially since the 5GB rule is not to be seen anywhere before signing up for your paid services.

Anyhow, let us hope and see,

Thank you,

Carl

vcasse
03-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Hi Lordbaltimore.

Maximum size of file that webapp can upload is 5Gb.
In firefox, there is a bug who break upload bigger than 2Gb

Sincerely,
Vincent

lordbaltimore
03-27-2014, 02:51 PM
Hello hubiC-Team, I noticed an error which concerns the upload of large (video-)files via the WebApp: When the upload of a large video file (in my case *.m4v-files from the Apple iTunes Store, file size between 6 and 9 GB) reaches 100%, the upload starts from the beginning. This issue repeats itself continuously and becomes an infinite loop, independent from which browser is used. Not a large file can be stored in my hubiC account. Are you aware of this error? Regards.