We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Storage question: Only Sync or separate briefcase storage too

nanouk
03-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Fahim
Hello,

I am very interested in getting a 10TB hubiC account, but I need to know something first.

The current provider I used gives me unlimited storage for 5 PC backup (Although I only have 2), which can automatically by synced by the desktop client and all. But they also gave me 5TB briefcase storage where I can store anything I want, and they are not part of any computers, just a separate storage to keep files. This 5TB storage is not part of the backup pcs or syncing process.

I really want to know how hubiC works in terms of storage use. Do I get a 10TB storage for anything, or is it part of a syncing process with the computers?

Many thanks.
With the hubiC app in windows or service on linux (I do not use a Mac so cannot elaborate on that), you can only do syncing. But there is a way for it to work just as a storage space in the cloud. However that would require you to go the "geeky" route.

Fahim
03-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Hello,

I am very interested in getting a 10TB hubiC account, but I need to know something first.

The current provider I used gives me unlimited storage for 5 PC backup (Although I only have 2), which can automatically by synced by the desktop client and all. But they also gave me 5TB briefcase storage where I can store anything I want, and they are not part of any computers, just a separate storage to keep files. This 5TB storage is not part of the backup pcs or syncing process.

I really want to know how hubiC works in terms of storage use. Do I get a 10TB storage for anything, or is it part of a syncing process with the computers?

Many thanks.