We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Run as service or run in background

david_cortes
08-26-2015, 12:39 PM
Actually it's doable if you use Nssm (http://www.nssm.cc/)
And it take 5 mins;

- Connect to Hubic client and configure it as you like. Make sure that you disabled the automatic connection at startup.
- Download "Nssm" and copy the .exe corresponding to you OS in the Hubic Folder
- Open a command window as an administrator (type "cmd" in the search bar then right click "run as administrator")
- Navigate to Hubic folder and execute the following commands:
nssm install hubic
a setup window will show up.
- Select the Hubic.exe file in the first field
- Type "run" in parameter field
- In the next tab, configure the user to connect with and admin account.
- Validate, go back to the console and execute
nssm start hubic
The only bad point is that you can't access anymore to the Hubic UI.
If you want to modify any Hubic parameter you have to stop the service using the command
nssm stop hubic
Then open Hubic as you would do normally, configure it, then close it (for real)
then restart the service using the command
nssm start hubic

manuscle
07-16-2015, 01:36 PM
+1 should be very usefull !

chrisw
05-05-2015, 11:23 AM
This would be realy nice! Waiting for this update!

explorist
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Ability to run hubiC application as Windows Service would be really good option. I'm aware of problems that arise from running as service such are settings must be global, share folder must be accessible to user etc.) but for example service could be set to run under specific user or something else.

Other solution to this problem would be ability to run it without need for desktop interaction (fully hidden, no systray icon, no GUI messages) when application is started with some special switch(let's say --hidden). This would allow to run application via task scheduler at win start-up under specific user. Or other usage scenario is start with special switch, sync folder and then close that instance(again task scheduler in mind).

One of these solution would allow usage in environment like Windows Server for scheduling backup of some folder to cloud(probably server backup or something like that) without need user to be logged in.

I hope that I was clear enough. All my proposals are with one goal: use hubiC in Win environment in background without need for user log-in in some official and supported way.