We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Non-Synced Mode

Trapper
04-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Quote Originally Posted by dragon2611
Jungledisk had quite a neat way of doing it where it would mount as a "network" drive and thus you could just copy files to/from it and it would upload/download them from the cloud as needed.

It also had a Local cache of a set size (Changeable in the options) so your most frequently accessed files were stored locally to faster access.

Annoyingly it only supports S3 or CloudFiles though otherwise I'd still be using it.
Another +1 for the Network Drive option...

~Trap

Anton
03-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Quote Originally Posted by dragon2611
Jungledisk had quite a neat way of doing it where it would mount as a "network" drive and thus you could just copy files to/from it and it would upload/download them from the cloud as needed.

It also had a Local cache of a set size (Changeable in the options) so your most frequently accessed files were stored locally to faster access.

Annoyingly it only supports S3 or CloudFiles though otherwise I'd still be using it.
That sounds like a perfect solution!
Hubic team, please look at it.

xrated
03-01-2014, 12:25 PM
Or rsync integration would be great

Removing local files via Hubic? I dont want to even think about that! Could be disastrous.

dragon2611
03-01-2014, 11:25 AM

Anton
02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
In Microsoft OneDrive you have an option to select only available online on your folders. You have the files as long as you are connected to the internet, but when you disconnect from internet their not available anymore. I want that on Hubic! Please implement that feature!

BR
Anton

xrated
02-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Especially when using linux client on file servers, it would make sense to have a backup mode instead of the 2way sync. Also would be nice to have an additional option to delete remote files that doesnt exist on local file system.

Also is the question, how long will the 25GB be free? Sugarsync also changed their minds later on.

OderWat
02-15-2014, 01:12 AM
The HubiC Guys could implement something like my HubiC2SwiftGate so people could use swift compatible clients out of the box (for example ExpanDrive2 / CloudFuse, Duplicity and a lot of Clients which support this kind of authentication... actually they could do that much more elegant than me!

marrie
02-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Heha. Not all of us are guekky enough to do that. It would be easier if the dev team of hubic implemented this that way those of us who want this ca this could have this feature, or get one of the forum posters to do it then commit it in to th elitist build.

Take care.

marrie
02-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Seath
This is good idea. But I can see it set up as a drop folder... When I move file in to drop folder, the file would upload to the cloud storage and then move to the trash on the computer. To get the file I would have to log-in in to the website and download the file.
I can see this as a security feature for sensitive files one doesn't want to have stored on the computer and be access by someone.
I think this is a good idea, not the remove to the trash part, but like bit casa upload it to the cloud that way it takes up no space on your computer, then all you need to do is keep the service running in the background like we do now and then right click the file and have it show a link, and adjust publication settings trough a dialogue.

Thoughts?

vcasse
02-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi all,

HubiC application for desktop are only "synchronization apps". But if you want to access on your storage space without sync, you could use openstack API. Indeed, hubiC is based on Openstack Swift (http://docs.openstack.org/developer/swift/) and some backup apps are compliant.
To get your credentials, you could use hubiC API : https://api.hubic.com/console/

There is no native FTP or rsync access. But tools to communicate with opentack swift with FTP protocol exist : https://github.com/cloudfs/ftp-cloudfs

You could show hubic plugin for duplicity made by community : https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....kend-for-hubic.

Regards,
Vincent

yami
02-11-2014, 01:17 AM
Totally Agree.
SyncBack free backup software for PC has a good options that for each folder/profile asks if you want is Mirrored (sync) or you want just in Destination or Source.
If hubic guys use that software in their PC they will see how seamless and easy is to use same options in their program.

This software can sync with FTP folder too then if Hubic would give us FTP access, then literally we did not need their software at all and everyone could use his own favorite FTP client.

Seath
02-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Quote Originally Posted by vargaendre
Hi!

hubiC is a great alternative for Dropbox etc. Dropbox's big deficiency is that there is no option to detach folders from syncing to make them stored only in the cloud.

This could be a great thing if we could mark folders to be stored only in the cloud. Sometimes it's useful and needed feature, and it's up to the folder contents.

After marking a folder, hubiC should ask to remove the folder from the local HDD and mark the folder (with different color or flag) to show that its content is only in the cloud, and to get it (a file), it's necessary to download before.

Thanks!
This is good idea. But I can see it set up as a drop folder... When I move file in to drop folder, the file would upload to the cloud storage and then move to the trash on the computer. To get the file I would have to log-in in to the website and download the file.
I can see this as a security feature for sensitive files one doesn't want to have stored on the computer and be access by someone.

kraag22
02-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Quote Originally Posted by xavierh
@all : You can select the folders you want syncing or not.
Go on menu "Preferences" > "Select the folders to synchronise"
In czech version I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
If you turn off syncing for a folder then you can't ever add anything new to the folder without turning on Sync, which would then download everything in the folder.

Think of it like this. HubiC offers 10 TB plan now. While a few of us have 10 TB worth of local storage most do not, and even those that do probably don't want all 10 TB synced to multiple computers. Having HubiC set up the way you do now makes the 10 TB worthless.

Instead we need a way to interact with that 10 TB as an independent object.. a 'Cloud Folder'. Cloud folders would work just like your HubiC web account, and the same way the HubiC Mobile app works. You can view filenames and maybe even thumbnails, but to open a file you first download it. Files could then be copied into and out of the Cloud Folder as the user wanted. This would make the 10 TB plan incredibly valuable. It should be addressable by the file system directly, not through an app. I should be able to copy files from the OSX Terminal and from the Windows command line (as well as Finder and Explorer).

Does this make sense?
I thought that this is how hubic works. Of course I don't want or need another dropbox or google drive.

nobody
02-07-2014, 09:27 PM
If you turn off syncing for a folder then you can't ever add anything new to the folder without turning on Sync, which would then download everything in the folder.

Think of it like this. HubiC offers 10 TB plan now. While a few of us have 10 TB worth of local storage most do not, and even those that do probably don't want all 10 TB synced to multiple computers. Having HubiC set up the way you do now makes the 10 TB worthless.

Instead we need a way to interact with that 10 TB as an independent object.. a 'Cloud Folder'. Cloud folders would work just like your HubiC web account, and the same way the HubiC Mobile app works. You can view filenames and maybe even thumbnails, but to open a file you first download it. Files could then be copied into and out of the Cloud Folder as the user wanted. This would make the 10 TB plan incredibly valuable. It should be addressable by the file system directly, not through an app. I should be able to copy files from the OSX Terminal and from the Windows command line (as well as Finder and Explorer).

Does this make sense?

xavierh
01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
@all : You can select the folders you want syncing or not.
Go on menu "Preferences" > "Select the folders to synchronise"

TrustNo1
01-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Totally agree !

szepe.viktor
01-04-2014, 03:50 PM
It would be great to have more shares. Synced and non-synced.

Lymf
11-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Completely agreed!

Lazulis
11-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Hi,

Completely agree with this idea ! I don't want to keep my files on local HDD after sending in the cloud. Now it's really a pain as I can't use the software, I have to send files through my internet browser... Not convenient at all !

vargaendre
10-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi!

hubiC is a great alternative for Dropbox etc. Dropbox's big deficiency is that there is no option to detach folders from syncing to make them stored only in the cloud.

This could be a great thing if we could mark folders to be stored only in the cloud. Sometimes it's useful and needed feature, and it's up to the folder contents.

After marking a folder, hubiC should ask to remove the folder from the local HDD and mark the folder (with different color or flag) to show that its content is only in the cloud, and to get it (a file), it's necessary to download before.

Thanks!