We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Upload / Download speed

Thinkscape
01-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Quote Originally Posted by leej0nes
Have things improved at all in the near 2 years since this thread died a death?
Hey Lee!
Good news. It has improved a lot. You can read more on their official twitter, but basically they were getting flooded with terrabytes of data a day from all the new accounts. It's fixed now and I'm now maxing my 25Mbps up and around 120Mbps down.

leej0nes
01-25-2016, 07:33 AM
Have things improved at all in the near 2 years since this thread died a death?

I've been planning to move a lot of data to hubiC and through one of the file system implementations available at present, hubicfuse/cloudfuse, S3QL and so on, with changes to support full file LRU caching. I've been aware from the start that I'd be naive in thinking I would experience Gigabit performance just because I have a Gigabit connection going into an even larger pipe but at no point did I think it would be this bad.

I've had zero success uploading to hubiC accounts via ExpanDrive on OS X and exactly the same level of success in getting any assistance from the developers. The only attempt at resolving my issues was a free license key, which if ExpanDrive worked I'd have more than happily paid for several times over, an unusual approach considering the key is rendered totally useless by ExpanDrive itself not working.

It was only yesterday that I found time to install hubicfuse (an absolute breeze, thank you hubicfuse team) and then roll up my sleeves and do the first bit of C development in just over 10 years (shocked by how foreign it felt especially given, close to, a 15 year career to that point as a C/C++ developer plus I lost my Linux C development shell virginity). I didn't have a great deal of success however as the upload failed midway through. The failure is most likely a config issue, segment sizing etc, and is to be expected when the first file you throw at it is ~7GB in size). Today I have put time to one side to experiment further and will monitor the performance.

I'm really hoping things have improved but do appreciate when you have 10TB for 50 per annum you have to accept the caveats.

Thanks,
Lee.

Trapper
04-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Jack
Hello

i have the 10 TB Plan and the Upload Speed is really strange.

Upload over a OVH 1Gbit Server:

Yesterday one 200 mb File with 4 mb/s, one File later with 900 kb/s
Today just 800 kb/s
I am getting better speeds from outside OVH than I am from inside... 2.52MB/s vs 931KB/s. Same time, same network connection speed, Same account. Go figure...

~Trap

0lli
04-15-2014, 02:36 PM
+1

This has to be resolved. 10 mbit/s is not acceptable.

/edit
i since found out that this is what they advertise. it's my fault for not reading.

It makes the whole offer of 10 TB pointless and misleading though.

If you offer me 10TB Storage for 10€ for 30 days, AREN'T YOU RECUIRED TO MAKE IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO USE IT IN THAT TIMEFRAME? As of right now i need ~100 days to fill that space.

Jack
04-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Hello

i have the 10 TB Plan and the Upload Speed is really strange.

Upload over a OVH 1Gbit Server:

Yesterday one 200 mb File with 4 mb/s, one File later with 900 kb/s
Today just 800 kb/s

Vangelis
04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Hello

A lot of guys here complaining about the speeds.
Nothing happened for at least a month now, non even an post from Hubic Team.

If you call this support ,well its not !

Regards
Vangelis

thisisbad
04-09-2014, 03:46 AM
Hello,

the speeds are extremely bad. I have been uploading from an OVH Server (1GBit internal, 500MBit external) for about 72 Hours and got about 40 GB onto the Hubic account. Thats just about 10% of the 10MBit mentioned in the general conditions here: https://hubic.com/en/contracts/Contrat_hubiC_2014.pdf

I am using
https://github.com/TurboGit/hubicfuse
screen -dmS hubicBackup rsync -rvh --progress --size-only --no-inc-recursive --delete-before --copy-links --keep-dirlinks /data/..... /mnt/hubic/....

The service is simply not usable at the moment.
The Ticket (http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=6361) is now marked as Planned for more than 40 days and nothing has changed in the service quality.

If the Service is not going to be at a usable quality within a week please tell me so I can delete my account.

jdextraze
04-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Hi, I'm in Vancouver, Canada and getting slow speed too.

I see that the ticket is not fixed yet (http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=6361).

Any ETA or update?

designeru
03-27-2014, 01:05 PM
testing from UK - linux machine:

# hubic status
State: Busy
Up: 1.14 MB/s (0 B/s) Down: 0 B/s (0 B/s)
# vnstat -l -i venet0
Monitoring venet0... (press CTRL-C to stop)

rx: 184 kbit/s 536 p/s tx: 9.43 Mbit/s 812 p/s

Thinkscape
03-24-2014, 06:35 PM
I won't be getting Hubic - it's slow as a turtle!

I'm on a 120/10 Mib/s cable, which I can easily saturate.

However hubic uploads never exceed 256 KiB/s, which is laughable and would take me weeks to use a fraction of that 10TB account...
Downloads speeds - a sad 720 KiB/s ... slower than any other locker/sync service I used....

I've tried both the web page and the macos app and the speed is consistently, terribly slow.

Vangelis
03-20-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi

Things are a little better, the upload speed now is about 1,5 Mbit/s or 140KB/s
Still , its too low.

Do you ,Hubic team , have any update on this?

Regards

Vangelis
03-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi

As I understand its not only my problem.
Its been a week from the last answer from hubic team and the speeds are not going up !
In fact they are pretty stable (!):
- Upload by Web app is about 140 KB/s
- Download by Web app is about 400 KB/s
- Upload by win app is about 60 KB/s .

So, the stability of these speeds in those ridiculously low figures for almost 2 weeks now ,means that
hubiC is not willing to share more bandwidth with their 'home' customers

Please ,hubic team, prove me wrong but i want to know if this is a permanent situation or a temporary problem.

Best Regards

korrident
03-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi,
With my 30kB/s upload, I'll need 10 years to fullfil my availlable space of 10To

Anton
02-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Haha, ok 60KB/s cant be funny!
I think 10Mbit is way to low aswell.. Are you planning to upgrade that in the future?
Here you have a screenshot from my speedtest. (My upload speed are currently unlimited (1Gbit/s) but im paying for 100/100..)Attachment 153

vcasse
02-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks for theses informations,

We continue to investigate.

Vincent

Vangelis
02-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi Vincent

The speedtest you asked is in the following link:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3335916947

and its normal :
Down 28 Mb/s
Up 2,36 Mb/s

The figures ,in detail , are :

-For a 37 MB file upload time was 6 minutes with the web application, this is a 0,8 Mb/s or 100KB/s,which is the 1/3 of my line's available bandwidth.

-For the same file ,windows apllication reported an average speed of 60 KB/s, the half of above !

-For a 25 MB file download time was 1 minute ,so about 3 MB/s or about 400KB/s again on the 1/3 of the limit.

Best Regards
Vangelis

vcasse
02-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Could you try your upload maximum speed on http://www.speedtest.net/ and compare the result with your upload speed ?
Warning : you could mix bit and byte : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte

HubiC bandwitch's limit is 10 Mb/s, equivalent to 1.5MB/s.

Vincent

Vangelis
02-27-2014, 12:28 PM
Hi Anton

I wish i could have 1MB/s !
As you can see my (and others) upload speed is about 60KB/s !
As for the limit ,it is clearly mentioned in the terms of services that there is a 10mbit limit.

Regards
Vangelis

Anton
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi!

I am from sweden and have a 100/100mbit internet connection.
My upload speed is max 1MB/s. Is it a 10mbit speed limit? If it is I dont think this service is as useful as I first thought..
Please let me know if it is a limit at 10mbit or not. And if it is, have you plans to extend the limit to maybe 100mbit instead in the future?

Best Regards
Anton

JMTamTam
02-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi

This is a worlwide problem and you are not the only one . It took me 26 hours( yes 26 ) to upload an avi video of 4.4 Gigas at 60Kb/s (similar to the RTC modem of 20 years ago !) and J try to move this file and get a 0-error from the server !!
Attachment 150

JM

Vangelis
02-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Hello

After a week of waiting , the result of the changed switches is not a noticeable improvement in speeds.
The speeds i measured for up/download are the same as last week , 110 KB/s Up - 426 KB/s Down .
In fact they are a bit slower for uploading.

These figures measured with the web client /application , for the windows sync program is the half of these !
It is about 60 KB/s for upload as the program reported in sync status and verified by me.

So ,even with the new switches the problem still exists, the speeds are extremely slow to make usable the 10 TB account.

Any answer from the Hubic team is welcomed

Vangelis.

rasteps
02-19-2014, 04:27 AM
Vangelis,

Thanks for posting this. So far, I've been the only one to post about slow upload/download speed and I didn't get any response from the hubiC team. I'm glad to finally know that it's not just me and they're working on the problem.

RASteps

Nathan
02-18-2014, 04:11 PM
If you want to follow the intervention in english, simply go to this webpage : http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=6361

Vangelis
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Vincent
Thank you for the prompt answer.
I 'll wait for the intervention and hope that it will solve the problem.

Best regards

vcasse
02-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Hi Vangelis,

We found an issue on our infrastructure. We work on it.
You could follow intervention on http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=10262.

Vincent

Vangelis
02-18-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello

I am new in Hubic ,not a day old , with a 10TB account.
I tried to upload and download some files (my line is VDSL 30Mbps up/2,5 Mbps) and the results were really a big disappointment:

1. Upload.
One file of 64 MB took 8 minutes to upload !
This is a 1 Mbit per Minute or nearly 140 KB/sec !

2. Download.
One file of 200 MB took 8,5 minutes to download !
This is a 3 Mbit per Minute or 400 KB/sec

These numbers are far away from the 10 Mbit/sec that it was written in the terms of services as upper limits.

There speeds discourage me to continue using my account , i was planing to upload my photos (about 100GB)
but based on these speeds i have to wait 9 days to complete! Think about my video files and other documents
that sum up to 300 GB!

This is unacceptable and for me its not fair.When you promise something you have to deliver it.

If these conditions in speeds will not change then i 'll have to close my account and not renew next month.
Ok , i'll lose 10 euros but maybe I have to pay to learn !

Please ,a guy from Hubic could answer this?

Also , i am looking for a support email address in order to send this directly there and i don't find it,.
Do anyone know the support's email ?

Thanks