We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Swift containers and hubiC

vcasse
02-17-2014, 09:23 AM
You're welcome

Schnouki
02-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Vincent,

Thanks a lot for your answers

vcasse
02-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Hi Schnouki,

"default" container is used by applications as synchronised container. So, for your usage, it is not a good ideas to store files inside.

So is it allowed, when using the hubiC and Swift APIs, to store files in containers different that "default"?
Yes

Are they correctly included in the user quota?
Quota is compute on all files insides all containers on your account. So, it's could be strange for end user if they have data inside other containers than default and quota different than zero.

Is there a limit on the number of containers we can create?
Yes Openstack have a limit on the number of containers. But, if you create many containers, you could reduce speed of tierces applications who list différents containers.

Is there any way to display alternative containers in the web UI ? If not, is it planned in the future?
Currently no. But we could imagine that's possible
I think that is important to have a method to choose wicth container show or hide. Because applications could use containers as a repo for temporary files. A metadata or a convention name could resolve this problem.

Vincent

Schnouki
02-13-2014, 11:31 PM
Hi there,

I have a few questions about the usage of Swift containers with hubiC. I'm writing an app that basically stores backups in hubiC. However, as these backups are just a bunch of encrypted files, it doesn't make much sense to store them in the "default" container, which would make them visible in the hubiC web UI and would cause the desktop client to sync them. To solve this, I'd like to store them in different Swift containers.

So is it allowed, when using the hubiC and Swift APIs, to store files in containers different that "default"?
Are they correctly included in the user quota? (to avoid having 1 GB in "default" + 20 GB in "backups" being displayed as "you're using 4% of your quota" but counted as 84% somewhere else)
Is there a limit on the number of containers we can create?
Is there any way to display alternative containers in the web UI ? If not, is it planned in the future?

Thanks a lot for your answers