We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Deleting a hard drive isn't freeing up space

essentialatom
03-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Fair enough. Took me too long I'd made a mistake in using it. That's life, I suppose. Thanks for the responses.

Daeri
03-04-2017, 03:53 PM
It seems the support is now only being done by email (help@hubic.com) some (like me) have been lucky to get an answer and an action. I advise to you to give it a try. As Gimly said, the product seems to be abandoned despite Octave saying on the mailing list announcements will be made soon..

Gimli
03-04-2017, 01:42 PM
There is a known issue with backups that will not release the space they once used when they are deleted. This has been a known issue for years but nothing has been done to fix it.

Use backups at your own risk, unfortunately. Hubic as a product has pretty much been abandoned by OVH. There is no support forthcoming.

essentialatom
01-31-2017, 03:59 PM
I have five hard disks I'm backing up. I have a 10TB account and recently found I'd filled it, probably due to a lot of file changes on one particular disk, so I went to the web app and deleted that drive entirely. That way I could hopefully complete backing up the other four disks, where the data doesn't change so often.

But the desktop app has been telling me for several days, "Changes discovery in process", and not uploading anything. The drive I've deleted no longer appear in the backups list, so it must have worked to some extent. I've closed and reopened the app but the problem persists.

Can I force the app to refresh somehow? To back up the data from the four disks as usual? If it comes to it, can I delete my backups entirely and start again from scratch?