We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Issue with downloading from backup

jbra
12-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Do not expect any help from any support. There have been no answers for several months, which cannot be accepted for a backup service. I left Hubic a few months ago.

SPU
11-30-2016, 10:45 PM
Silence from Tech Support!!! This is by no means safekeeping of data when I cannot download the backups that I uploaded to HubiC.

SPU
11-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Hi Tech Support,
Where are you?... pls contact me or do something about this issue or explain...
Thanks,
SPU

SPU
11-27-2016, 02:17 AM
I have the same problem!!
I am unable to download few backup files. Once I click backup, it asks me to point an empty folder. Next, after some wait...I am getting an error: Time Out - HubiC,

Tech Support!! please help me retrieve my files with a reasonable download speed.

delmetbpc
11-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Id be checking it is a fuel issue before you go re plumb your car.
Next Time it happens check to see if you have fuel in the bowls.

d_ave
10-10-2016, 08:25 PM
thank you for replying! actually my problem is that the download is failing. for example i select a folder containing 8gb of data and click download - it starts downloading a zip file with the name of the folder. it downloads for example 4-5 gb and cuts off with a network failure error. afterwards i cannot resume the same download but i have to start over from the beginning. i can never finish the download of a single larger folder. it happens on all machines i own, which includes desktops and laptops with windows 7, 8.1 and 10, together with an ubuntu box. is there a way to fix this?

riku
10-10-2016, 10:47 AM
take look at this topic at speed issue: https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....dth-limitation
only way to your problem is download and be patient. there is no other way, and their service is working almost as terms and conditions say (10mbit/s speed) but only 50% of that speed is usable...

just to you know im changing the cloud, have been downloading now like 4-5weeks my data in maximum speed of 700kb/s. it will eventually be ready. there is no way to speed up. if you use chunks over swift then you can get twice speed if download 2 files same time.

d_ave
10-07-2016, 06:55 PM
3 days and no answer... time to change the backup provider or what? Hubic support, are you sleeping?!?

d_ave
10-04-2016, 11:35 AM
I have a total of 5tb backed up in my account. I had a drive failure last week and i need to restore 220gb of data. I am facing a huge issue downloading my backed up data - if i try to assign the backup to a location on my new drive from the hubic windows app it does nothing - the window only gets closed and nothing happens, the app does not download anything. if i try to download the whole 220gb as one chunk from the website it just gives a time out error. if i try to download folder by folder it does start downloading a zip file with the folder inside, but it always gets cut at about 3-4gb. i cannot split them into individual files since the download will take forever - imagine splitting a folder containing 20gb of raw files into 2-3gb chunks. how can i solve my problem? it's the first time i'm downloading from my backup and it's behaving very unreliable.