We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

OVH, please just close Hubic down.

peterb
09-28-2016, 08:02 PM
I am sad to hear this !

I'm really hoping Hubic will move forward !

xgiovio
09-14-2016, 01:58 AM
I agree with you. The openstack backend is good but the problem is the speed now. The should fix this or the service will be dead in 2/3 months

Babac2000
09-12-2016, 12:02 PM
Sadly i can just agree on everything.

I tried to contact Hubic support by email as they ask for, before publishing on the forum. After 2 weeks without any reply, i had to create this forum account (also took several days before having access to my account...). My problems are on speeds, UI, linux service, queue priorizations ...

I honestly want this service to work. I promoted it to friends, but they are laughing at me after trying to get a file from UI... Facts continuously just show it's really bad. No wonder why Dropbox is 20x more expensive : it works.

Product managers please stop showing off at international summits and go back to work. I think OVH has enough cash and engineers to make it work.

Oh yes, Hubic is an embarrassment for OVH

andersekbom
09-10-2016, 04:59 PM
This "service" is ridiculous.

- Transfer speeds are incredibly slow (10-20 kbps).

- Linux support is useless. The latest version of the "tool" was updated January 2015.

- The forums are overflowing with spam, indicating that no-one is paying any attention to them.

- Language support is nonexisting, I'm still getting all emails in French even though I've changed it several times

- Profile web forms are buggy: cannot save credit card details correctly, which leads to invoices not being paid and Hubic incessantly sending invoice reminders.

- OVH (the company behind Hubic) staff in Ireland cannot administer Hubic accounts, even though they are the ones handling the finacial transactions and invoices.

- The web interface is really slow. Deleting/moving files takes forever. It feels like someone's weekend project.

I once thought this was a wonderful service: cheap, fresh, non-american, secure etc. But now I'm closing my account and
moving my files to Owncloud.

Just close it down, OVH, Hubic is an embarrassment to you.