We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

10Mbps bandwidth limitation

riku
11-05-2016, 08:01 AM
the bandwidth is not enough when streaming FullHD content from hubic. there is reason why im moving out from it.
i have no issues on small files.

im using on both cases s3ql.

designeru
11-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Just wanted to mention that i'm able to push to HibiC with 10mbps as advertised. If I do it drom 2-3 locations, the speed is doubling/tripling. Overall, I'm satisfied with this service.

I use the linux client.

About amazon drive - i use it for couple of months and i'm storing over 2tb of data there. I used acd_cli to sync my files over and it was way faster. I was doing on average over 20 mbytes/second. The only problem with it, was that a lot of files were not uploaded for some reasons and they just timeout with error messages like: waiting xxx seconds because error. Needless to say, i had to restart the sync... And when you have thousands of little files this takes a few days.

I will use a combination of hubiC and Amazon Drive for now. 5€ a month for 10tb is insane.

Keep up the good work!

riku
10-10-2016, 10:49 AM
after many messages still this is working at maxium speed of 700kb/s
have copied almost all files, still need about 3-4weeks to copy my last files...

i suggest everyone who has alot data on hubic start copy now because it take many weeks.

riku
09-20-2016, 08:20 PM
luckily i was having multiple s3ql drives on hubic, so i can simultaneously copy at least 3 same time providing me 3x bandwidth.
it's a hole on hubic, you can access threaded download on their servers and override the 10mbit/s limitation.

On my case im just copying 3 different files same time providing each 500-600kb/s total 600x3 = 1800-2000kb/s. faster i can copy, faster i can say goodbye to this unsupported service.

plzlol
09-19-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm also thinking of moving to Amazon Drive. Do you know any site like multicloud to copy all my Hubic files to Amazon servers (FXP like) ?

riku
09-18-2016, 10:16 PM
im already (for testing) copying from hubic to amazon luckily i got S3QL working on amazon so i can use it as regular drive on linux/windows to allow stream.

as far i tested hubic atm is so slow nothing can be streamed there or watch even any pictures. tried show to a family member video from my daughter but well.. stream a hd video recorded on mobile phone was impossible task to do from hubic.. well done i say.

Syl83
09-10-2016, 01:12 PM
If there is no improvements in the next days, I'm out of here and on Amazon!
Hubic's main advantage was the price/TB that was better than the rest... but everything else is dramatically worse!

Since the 10MB limitation, this service is almost useless for me and I have no more reason to stay... so you better act fast!

riku
09-09-2016, 11:09 AM
3 days now trying acess to the hubic api and is so slow i cant copy my files, it just connect once every 10 times, its very annoying how they can keep this service up?

xgiovio
09-04-2016, 04:18 PM
slow uploads. the limit should be 10 but it a lot worse. 100-500 kbyte in average on upload speed. unusable right now. I'l try the amazon apis. I'm going to cancel my account because I'm paying for nothing

riku
09-04-2016, 04:10 PM
well i going to do same if i get time to try amazon,
As now im using HUBIC as media drive for my cloud, i was able stream full hd and got full 150mbit/s speeds before they changed this....
also i used hubic combinated to s3ql drive so i was able use it on fly without any problems (it was a network drive, a FAST ONE)

Now about amazon there is couple options to do this net drive thing, but it is alot harder... so i hope got some time to do some things... all is about my time is limited.

dancri77
09-01-2016, 10:20 PM
I have 1 GBit line at home (effectively 500 Mbit download and 200 Mbit upload) and just enabled Amazon Cloud Drive.
I get 20 MBytes upload speed with Amazon Drive versus ... 500 KBytes with hubic,
So Amazon Drive is 40x times faster than Hubic for the same price per year .
I am using rclone in Linux on the same machine to compare speeds so I think the tests are quite accurate.
(Note I am living in a EU country where Amazon Drive just became available.)

I am a paid hubic user since 2015 (10TB account) but I will cancel my Hubic account in 1 month from now if Hubic does not fix the upload speed.

Hubic/OVH really needs to wake up now if they want to avoid losing all their customers!

riku
08-30-2016, 08:15 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Thinkscape
No "transfer prices". Amazon has servers all around the world. Follow the link, create a free trial account and try for yourself.
There is clearing saying on terms and conditions it is for USA users.
Also searching google people still saying a needed use USA proxy for avoid account deletion. Have you read terms and conditions?
I still might contact them and ask about this. it seems amazon is best next option for use on my media files(and support stream).

Jane
08-22-2016, 01:46 PM
I'm using Hubic since the 10th of June 2016 and I'm very disappointed by the upload speed (300kb/s in the good day while I have a >250MB/s fiber connexion. It's almost unusable !

martinr92
08-17-2016, 06:27 PM
I have exactly the same problem. Some files are unaccessible for me.

Tsujido
08-17-2016, 05:19 PM
Hi

I am really struggling with this now, I have files on Hubic that I cannot download because they time out, even files measured in KB are timing out. I have been using Hubic for ages now and have been quite happy with it but now it is completely unusable.

Thinkscape
08-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Quote Originally Posted by riku
about amazon i heard is not available to europe and they have transfer prices? please confirm this thinkscape
No "transfer prices". Amazon has servers all around the world. Follow the link, create a free trial account and try for yourself.

riku
08-07-2016, 11:33 AM
about amazon i heard is not available to europe and they have transfer prices? please confirm this thinkscape

Thinkscape
08-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Overall Top RX Speed: 660.87 KB/s
Cannot get more speed than this atm... PLEASE this put my apps lag alot, fix the speed to 10Mbit (1200kb/s)
I've received confirmation for 10Mbps limit from Hubic: https://twitter.com/hubic/status/753932109677490176
I'm cancelling my account. The service is unusable at this speed.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....drive_logo.png
If you're looking for fast, unlimited cloud drive, I've just switched to Amazon Cloud Drive.
- It's $60/year but they give you 90-day trial,
- Unlimited storage.
- No speed limits! I can easily saturate 100/100Mbps link,
- Mobile, desktop and web apps work!,
- You can share files and folders without time limits.
- Backed by Amazon.. nuff said.

riku
07-29-2016, 07:56 AM
Overall Top RX Speed: 660.87 KB/s
Cannot get more speed than this atm... PLEASE this put my apps lag alot, fix the speed to 10Mbit (1200kb/s)

NellaNuvola
07-17-2016, 06:26 PM
I have Hubic 10TB and the fiber 100/20 mbps, but downloads and uploads are very slow (2/3 mbps).
They are looking for another storage service.

martinr92
07-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Agree, the performance currently is really bad.
Hope that OVH will think about the bandwidth limitation (I know this was always part of the contract).
A lot of storage for a cheap price is great, but please think more about usability (10 Mbit/s down isn't usable in 2016).

riku
07-08-2016, 06:53 PM
putting 10Mbit limit and only half of it is usable, its not client friendly. as there is already alot complains people cannot use it anymore because of slowness, this service will die for sure. im not extending my membership if they not fix speeds as they suppose to be 10mbit/s. or even raise it abit, like 20mbit/s its already a big difference, example from mobile phone upload a HD video take ages to hubic now. its not usable(contract 4G with 50Mbit/s upload speed). why pay for it when you cannot use it?

Please other people too post here and share your toughs about this speed limit what is not working properly and try them raise the speed abit.

Jason
07-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Yeah, it's rubbish now... if you can't upload anything then it's no good. I have about 30GB of files I want to upload - I can't see that happening any time soon. Even mediafire is faster and they are rubbish!

EnterPL
06-24-2016, 04:16 PM
This is outrageous.
Upload of 130 GB take 4 days! 96 hours ..

I have a link with upload min 20Mb / s.

pippo_1968
06-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Now is the limit changed to an not usable quote. If I try to upload a file the file goes up at 40k bytes but not continuosly. The file goes then stops for many seconds, then again up, then stops.
Whats going on ?
A service like this make no sense to pay and to use.

Let me know If this time is the last one this happens. Because last week end I had the same problems... and this week end again and during the week the up/down speed was not so exciting.

I need to know if you are able to keed this system stable in performances in order to decide if to remain or not. You can understand that if a service is not able to work make no sense to go on using.

I wait for a king reply.

riku
06-16-2016, 07:13 PM
is the limit 10mbit fixed now? or it is still 5-6Mbit? it is huge difference when downloading a file it take twice longer, so for 10gig file it take very long time

martinr92
06-15-2016, 05:56 PM
limit is active again?
Yes. This was posted today by OVH:
Done those last two weeks :
- Infrastructure : 10Mbps bandwidth limitation
https://forums.hubic.com/showthread....l=1#post194608

riku
06-12-2016, 07:32 PM
limit is active again?
the limit is 700kb/s instead full 1200kb/s (10Mbit) its a half only what promised. please fix this now, its way too slow on bigger files. 10Mbit is alot faster than 700kb/s. And im downloading straight from openstack with api, not web browser, so it is SLOW. PLEASE FIX

I have tried all 6 of lb1040.hubic.ovh.net servers (yes they are 6 servers existing i know it and i can use them separately)
Im downloading on OVH VPS so ping is like 1ms and speed before it came was 150Mbit, Now its barely 6Mbit. I was expecting 10Mbit/s please fix it! THANKS

martinr92
06-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Ger.de.Gooijer
How do you know?
It was reported in one of the OVH Tasks (Category Hubic):
http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=17305

Date: Monday, 04 April 2016, 09:42AM
Reason for closing: Done
Additional comments about closing: La limitation a été temporairement désactivée.
Using Google Translator: "Additional comments about closing: The limit has been temporarily disabled."

Ger.de.Gooijer
06-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Thank you for your reply. You are right, I forgot it is mentioned in the contract. But your last remark puzzles me:

Quote Originally Posted by martinr92
This limitation is currently temporary disabled.
How do you know?

Have a nice day

martinr92
06-04-2016, 12:04 PM
Quote from the contract:
The bandwidth is limited to 10 Mbit/s upstream and downstream. The connection speed also depends on the quality of the
Customer's internet connection.
This limitation is currently temporary disabled.

Ger.de.Gooijer
06-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Hello HubicTeam, good morning.

Could someone please explain what is meant by

"- Infrastructure : 10Mbps bandwidth limitation"

in the Technical Roadmap?

Thank you.