We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

[Tip] - Diplay Hubic Icon overlays in Windows 10

Desdinova
05-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Hello,

I installed Hubic on my Windows 10 computer and discovered icon overlays were not displaying. I browse the forum for a solution, but the only alternative I found was about desinstalling the native Onedrive client embedded in Windows 10, which is not an option for me.

After some research, I finally found a solution, with no sied effects.

Be careful when modifying registry! This can cause computer malfunction if action are not performed correctly!

Open the registry editor by launching a command prompt and typing "regedit.exe" and then enter.

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers. When you expand the registry key, you may see the following:

Attachment 1124

The goal now is to bring Hubic entries to the beginning of the list. Indeed, Windows is processing these entries alphabetically. Rename each entry starting with "Hubic" (so 4 entries, Right click on it and click "rename") and and two spaces before "Hubic". Once performed, hit F5 key to refresh display and you should see the following:

Attachment 1125

You have now to reboot your computer and Voila! Icons are now appearing! This manipulation has no impact on Onedrive, I tested it: Onedrive Icon overlays are still displaying in perfect harmony with Hubic icon overlays!

This post has been inspired by : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3079213

Enjoy!

Desdinova