We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Server Reply 500 publication and share

bitcollector
03-31-2016, 08:21 PM
I hope so... but we will see

itsreight
03-31-2016, 07:55 PM
thanks for the reply. So reading between the lines they are sorting stuff out and all will be resumed some time in the near future ?
Is that what it reads to you ?

bitcollector
03-31-2016, 06:28 PM
As they don't seem to reply to much in the Worldwide Forum (here)

This is what I know: (thanks to Google Translate)

From an earlier French post:

Hello, we are working on the storage infrastructure to reduce access times to your data. Some features such as sharing are not currently accessible. Attached is the work related task: http://travaux.ovh .net /? do = details & id = 17008 A gradual return to normal will take place during the next few days. we apologize for the inconvenience.

http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=17008

Which Translates to:

FS # 17008 - Storage Infrastructure Attached to Project- Hubic Task Type Maintenance Category Backend / Core
Status in progress Percent Complete 60%

Details
We are seeing delays and timeouts on the storage cluster, we add capacity
Comments (2)
Comment by OVH - Monday, 14 March 2016, 6:06 p.m. PM
We added storage servers in the cluster. The data is being re-balancing (rebalance), that would impact the performance time of the operation

Comment by OVH - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 10:07 AM
Adding servers in a cluster means that the data is moved to the new servers to distribute the occupation of disk space. In previous versions of Swift, rsync was used. For Erasure Coding, a new protocol is used, specially developed for Swift: SSYNC. We find that this protocol is extremely slow. After talking with the core-dev Swift, they confirmed that the protocol is known to have performance problems in large clustered Erasure Coding, or ours would be one of the largest known to them. We are currently looking for to optimize the movement of data in order to enlarge the clusters in reasonable time.

itsreight
03-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Hello I have been using the cubic cloud for about a month and it has been ok. I am still on a free account and willing to purchase the full version as it has been so good. But lately it wail not let me share anything..
I upload the file no problem a video file to be shared with family of 1.5gb but when i go to hit share it comes back with
An error occurred when uploading

Server reply : 500 - Internal Server Error

This is pretty pants and is putting me off purchasing the full version for sure.

Any help please