We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hubic Server performance

Deepwinter
03-31-2016, 06:21 PM
Thanks for the update.

OVH need to stop treating hubic as a side project, you have real paying customers, who as much as we get annoyed when there are problems, the fact that there is ZERO customer support is even more annoying, I have asked several questions over the months I have been a paying subscriber on both the forums and through DM, not once have I even got a response that the issue is being looked at.

The lack of customer communication is the most frustrating aspect of dealing with hubic problems and error's. OVH are a huge company and it feels like hubic is not a priority at all, that's the impression your customers have of your lack of support, communication, and lack of updates and improvements to the hubic service.

The management of these forums says so much about OVH's priorities, filled with spam every weekend nothing done about it, forum reply's by hubic staff are like unicorns rare to the point of fantasy.

The last announcement on your announcement forums was 12 months ago, where's all the updates requested in the feature request forum, there's allot you can add and improve.
The fact that there is still no ability to search files is hard to believe, it's the type of thing you would expect and let go for a newly launched service but would expect it be added pretty quickly.

I paid for a year and I have 3.2TB uploaded so if things havn't improved substantially by renewal time, Im cancelling and going with another provider possibly Backblaze or similar I'll be looking into it.

But ideally I would prefer OVH sort out hubic as I'd prefer not to have to upload 3.2TB again.

bitcollector
03-31-2016, 05:33 PM
Seems like the French status page is a bit more up to date http://travaux.ovh.net/

The relevant item:
http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=17008

Which translates to:

FS # 17008 - Storage Infrastructure Attached to Project- Hubic Task Type Maintenance Category Backend / Core
Status in progress Percent Complete 60%

Details
We are seeing delays and timeouts on the storage cluster, we add capacity
Comments (2)
Comment by OVH - Monday, 14 March 2016, 6:06 p.m. PM
We added storage servers in the cluster. The data is being re-balancing (rebalance), that would impact the performance time of the operation

Comment by OVH - Thursday, 17 March 2016, 10:07 AM
Adding servers in a cluster means that the data is moved to the new servers to distribute the occupation of disk space. In previous versions of Swift, rsync was used. For Erasure Coding, a new protocol is used, specially developed for Swift: SSYNC. We find that this protocol is extremely slow. After talking with the core-dev Swift, they confirmed that the protocol is known to have performance problems in large clustered Erasure Coding, or ours would be one of the largest known to them. We are currently looking for to optimize the movement of data in order to enlarge the clusters in reasonable time.

So this might explain the current issues, at least we will see if it gets better when this is completed.

Deepwinter
03-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Ah ok I see it, thanks

bitcollector
03-31-2016, 12:43 PM
If you got to All at the top of the page you found

http://status.ovh.net/?pagenum=6&str...order=lastedit

And find ID 12305 there is a date on there

Deepwinter
03-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Which one, because on I'm showing the most recent one as having no date on it at all, ID 12305
the 2nd shows a date but the 3rd does not.

bitcollector
03-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Deepwinter
Here's a link to a Status page listing all OVH's services including Hubic.

It's showing hubic in the Red with outstanding items to be complted

http://status.ovh.net/?project=26&status=all&perpage=50
Well found,

Although the most recent Hubic item has been in progress since 23rd Feb...

Deepwinter
03-31-2016, 10:41 AM
Here's a link to a Status page listing all OVH's services including Hubic.

It's showing hubic in the Red with outstanding items to be complted

http://status.ovh.net/?project=26&status=all&perpage=50

Deepwinter
03-31-2016, 10:20 AM
I have also bean getting this problem, I have uploaded nothing in the past 2 days, it just keeps failing.

Hubic can we get an answer, what is the problem when will it be fixed, this ignoring all your customers questions style of customer support is sure way to loose customers.

bitcollector
03-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Still rubbish today, so many errors... including login errors and backups failing, server unavailable messages.
We are paying for a service that does not work...
I know the chances of getting a response from Hubic are probably a bit slim, but we live in hope...

gicu
03-29-2016, 02:13 PM
No, this seems to be a problem with OVH.

They just don't care about hubic.

bitcollector
03-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Recently the performance of Hubic seems to have reduced.

I seem to get many errors while using the backup feature.

While uploading, I get many 503 service unavailable, and unexpected HTTP status errors, and many uploads seem to get cancelled.

And the upload speeds seem to fluctuate and there are long pauses where it uploads nothing.

Downloading files is also very slow. (It used to be much quicker)

Are there some problems with the servers or is it just that there are now too many users for the available resources ?