We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Missing Synology Backup Files on HubiC

Silverz
04-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Hi,

I am using Hyper Backup to backup my NAS (213j - DSM6) to hubic.
I can do the backup, and restore with DSM Hyper Backup.
However, I want to be able to restore without DSM, as I want to be able to restore my files even if my NAS is stolen or burnt...
So I wanted to use Hyper Backup Explorer, but first thing HBE is doing is to ask for the backup file (*.BKPI).
I cannot see the BKPI (or any backup file) locally or using hubic.com, but I could see it using Swift Explorer.
However, the *.BKPI file is empty (size=0), so no way HBE can do anything with it.
How can I restore my files from hubic with any Windows PC, without using DSM?

bitcollector
03-29-2016, 07:27 PM
After a quick test... without Hyper Backup I think there would be no easy way to get the files.

I think the idea works like this:

If you had disaster with your nas drives and lost all your data, you could replace the drives and rebuild your nas.
Then use Hyper backup and re link to your existing cloud backups.
You would then be able to get your data back.
But you would always need a working Synology nas with Hyper Backup to be able to get your files back, which does lock you in to using Synology...

bitcollector
03-29-2016, 06:47 PM
Quote Originally Posted by JanH
How would you suggest to download your files in a disaster scenario where you don't have access to Hyper backup?
Thats a very good question... and not one that I have an answer to, but that could prove to be quite a major flaw in Hyper Backup

JanH
03-29-2016, 06:24 PM
How would you suggest to download your files in a disaster scenario where you don't have access to Hyper backup?

JanH
03-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Thanks, using the Swift Explorer I can see the files. Accessing them with the given speed is another story though.

bitcollector
03-29-2016, 10:11 AM
When I tried it, I found that Hyper backup does not store the files in a useable format, you need to use Hyper backup to access the files

dragon2611
03-29-2016, 09:27 AM
http://www.619.io/swift-explorer - Swift explorer can connect to Hubic and should be able to see everything.

The web interface will only show stuff that's In a certain directory if I remember rightly.

JanH
03-29-2016, 07:58 AM
Hello,
Using my Synology NAS (DSM 6.0 with Hyper Backup) I just completed backuping my files onto the hubiC cloud space. However, accessing my account via the web interface, I can not see any of my files that have been backed up. The quota of my account though shows the correct usage and space occupied by the backup files. I need to access those files.

How can I show them? How can I access them via web browser (or any other means)?

Thanks for your help

Jan

Attachment 930