We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

DSM6 HyperBackup to Hubic..

HochdruckHummer
04-06-2016, 10:49 AM
I found a workaround that might help everyone who suffers this problem.

Especially when the first, initial-backup of one source is uploaded, this might take several days, depending on file size and upload rate. Too bad, if your connection during the upload resets due to ISP behavior or technical problems: The backup gets stuck. But there is a workaround for that case, I published it on my website:

http://www.daniel-net.de/index.php/i...onnection-loss

I guess it might help a few users.

HochdruckHummer
04-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Quote Originally Posted by jeremyotten
Hello,

I would like to hope that the hyperbackup resumed where it left of when the connection got disconnected..

But it seems like it does not do that.... and starting every time from the beginning...

whats up with that... now i will never get my data to the cloud..
Same problem here.

I'm using "Hyper Backup" with hubiC since DSM 6.0 was officially released.

First of all: Hyper Backup is great. Finally it can fill special folders in Cloud-Targets, making it a great tool for backing up multiple shared folders to one cloudstorage. Most of my backup-tasks run smooth, because the backups aren't that big.

But there ist one backup-task that is really big and even with 40mbit upload it takes several days.

My ISP resets my internetconnection every 24 hours and I get a new IP.
As soon as the connection resets and is temporary lost, the backups keep stuck.

I assume I'm not the only person suffering from this, so please, make it resume backuptasks after connection loss.

Also posted in Synology Forum.

jeremyotten
03-28-2016, 11:13 AM
Hello,

I would like to hope that the hyperbackup resumed where it left of when the connection got disconnected..

But it seems like it does not do that.... and starting every time from the beginning...

whats up with that... now i will never get my data to the cloud..