We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

LubiX - GUI client for Linux

Herbi
05-14-2016, 10:56 PM
Hi,
Sorry for this question, but how can I login to my account with Lubix. I launch Lubix: it works but I cannot enter my account name. What do I forget?

bsdaddict
10-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Hi,
Great and neat program !
Can you add the Default destination folder, the folder accessible from the webaccess ? The .hubic is the folder that gets synchronised (I think), but when accessing hubic from the web (https://hubic.com/home/), you get into the Default folder that is not synched (and I do not want to synch 400 gigs of data with my phone...). A bit like the Swift Explorer does now.
But now I am stuck in the (local) .hubic directory.
A new item to add to you to-do list...

Dibo
10-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone after long long absence
Didn't know that people like my client and I'm glad that it is working on such different distros - that was the plan. I have subscription for this thread but never got any notification.
I'm planning new release with all features and fixes submitted by you. This release will be also open-source on github as I promised. I'm also planning windows client with same look and same lightweight functionality (but probably not with this release)

Regards and be patient

baignoire
08-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Quote Originally Posted by grek
Is possible to exlude folder not file ?
hi there,
thanks for the great and useful tool !!! i hope the project is still active (?)
as asked by grek : is there a way to exclude a folder. The "excluded" tab only shows the folders that are already excluded, but i can't find a way to exclude new folders. Am i missing something or is it not implemented ? Do i have to to do this in a terminal ?
thanks,
regards
raph.

wsh
07-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi,

Thank you for this great work. It see there is not a lot of activity in this thread, are you still working on the project?
Are you planning to release the source code of your project as you mentioned it in your first post?

Point Nemo
12-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Hello,
Do you plan to implement the new backup feature ?

Thank you for this great work.

Desmoric
11-16-2014, 09:11 AM
Could you publish the Lubix logo/icon to place it in my desktop luncher ?

Thanks

Desmoric
11-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Run great with Debian 7.7 (wheezy) 64 bit XFCE (with Lubic icon in the notification zone).

Thank you for this.

I'm not a programmer but if you need I can help you to localise inFrench. You just have to tell me how to do.

Desmoric

vondo
10-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi!

You have .rpm in your TODO list. Any chance getting it anytime soon? Thanks!

OPS56
08-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Hi Dibo,

Thanks for this good job.
I Test it on Mageia 4 KDE 64 bits and I have no problem.

Idea for the next version :
Can you show the :
* Runnig Operation
* Last events
We can seen these informations when we use hubuc status.

thanks again

jjd
07-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Hi
Thank you for the response and apologies for my reply - been away for a while on holiday.

Installing the "hubiC-Linux-1.2.4.35-linux.deb" package does not create a "hubic" folder in my home directory so when I run the following code

$ hubic login /home/jjd/hubic

it fails until I create the required directory. Then I get the folder populated with duplicate entries. See attached screenshot.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

Thank you.

jjdAttachment 230

jobarte
07-18-2014, 09:49 PM
At this moment worked fine, I installed only daemon and LubiX.
My Environment is Ubuntu 14.04 with gnome classic + compiz

https://i.imgur.com/NcyUhrp.jpg

smartmeister
07-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Quote Originally Posted by jjd
Hi Dibo

Am having problems to get this running properly. What path do I enter in the dialogue box, please? Also I do not have a hubiC folder in my home directory. Does your app do this, or have I installed the main hubiC program wrongly?

Hope you can help.

Regards

jjd

Please post the command line you're using to run the official hubic CLI on your computer. Did you ever succeed to synchronize linux and your local hubic folder ?

in my case, after installing hubic CLI
Code:
sudo dpkg -i hubiC-Linux-1.2.4.35-linux.deb
i created a password file in my home directory and wrote down my hubic password
Code:
sudo nano $HOME/.hubic_pwd
all it takes to run hubic CLI manually should looks like this:
Code:
hubic login --password_path=$HOME/.hubic_pwd  /path/to/local/hubic/folder/you/want/to/sync
note that /path/to/local/hubic/folder/you/want/to/sync is entirely up to you. Obviously it should be located in a place where you have full RW rights.

By the way, Lubix 0.9.6beta run great on debian wheezy 7.6 + mate-desktop-environment !

http://s22.postimg.org/xsf2kh541/Capture.png

jjd
07-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Dibo

Am having problems to get this running properly. What path do I enter in the dialogue box, please? Also I do not have a hubiC folder in my home directory. Does your app do this, or have I installed the main hubiC program wrongly?

Hope you can help.

Regards

jjd

hollen ar mor
06-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Hello !

Thank you for this app !

I think this is a great lack of official team!

But, I would like to see what hubiC is doing !

I have the tree of my files with their synchronization status, but I found quite nice to see what is being copied ...

Thanks again !

troyily
06-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks

Its ok in Ubuntu Gnome, i don't know why didn't run in Xubuntu (i have uninstalled).

Thanks

cartes
06-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks a lot Dibo for this great software

It will be great if we have the ability to stop hubic (hubic stop) when we leave Lubix just to stop this process.

Do you think it will be conceivable in a next version?

Thanks again (and sorry for my english)

Dibo
06-19-2014, 12:30 PM
You need to unpack lubix_fpc_32bit.zip. You will see one file "lubix_fpc". Set "executable" privilege for this file and just run it

troyily
06-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi, i'm sorry for bad english.
I'm new in world of Linux, its my first time in Ubuntu Xfce (netbook :s), can you give me how i install LubiX? (Gdebi/Ubuntu Software Center can't install this lubix_fpc_32bit.zip)

Thank you

Dibo
05-25-2014, 12:34 PM
New version 0.9.6
- Fix for download and upload status

Dibo
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM
Hi!

I'm publishing new version 0.9.5 Beta (links and screenshoot in top post). Sorry but this is still beta, explanation below.

Changelog:
- Very lightweight! Decided to leave Qt framework. Client is rewritten from C++ and Qt to Free Pascal and fpGUI. No external dependecies (like Qt, Gtk, and dozens others), only DBus and X11 libs. It will run on KDE(Qt) and GNOME/XFCE (Gtk) environments, because user interface is drawed directly on X11. Result: One small native executable file ( size <1 MB) and memory usage less than 2 MB
- New view "Published"
- New view "Excluded"
- Views filtering
- Deleting files
- Files count
- Bug fixes (but I rewrote client so there could be new ones )

BTW: If someon want version for FreeBSD then let me know, I'll build it (it take some time because I need to create virtual mashine)

fdufnews
04-19-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi,

Good job. Works well for me on Ubuntu 13.10 64 bits.

BTW as I am french I could help for localization

altasshet
04-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Dibo, and thanks for your work! It looks very promising and seems to run ok - relatively speaking

I encountered consistent crashes when clicking on a folder - left and right. If I restart LubiX after a crash, it just starts up without asking for my password and reports that . It also shows me no folder structure (not surprising), but right clicking shows a greyed out context menu. Logging out and back in gives me the file structure view and the syncing seems to work, but it's vulnerable to crashes again.

I hope that helps!
By the way, I'm a native German speaker, so I could help with localization, if you need any help

Dibo
04-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Ouch! Sorry for very long delay. Hubic forum didn't notify me about answers. Thought that no one is interested :P . Seems that shared links expired. When I added files there was not expiration time. How to publish files for ever? I updated links. New version in progress

eoerl
02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Awesome, thanks Dibo, it looks really nice ! Willing to help debug for instance, but it seems that the links you provided are broken, would it be possible to get new ones ?

Lucio
12-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi Everybody

It seems that downloads don't run (none of the four links)

I wanted to test on ubuntu studio 13.10

Hubic runs perfectly for me in command line, but i'm searching for a gui to monitor/pause/restart synchronisation

Thanks in advance
Lucio

Maxd
12-18-2013, 10:56 PM
When I launch it
I got it crash :
Code:
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40801) with this library (version 0x40804)
Abandon (core dumped)
What could I do
I'm using xubuntu LTS
>cat /etc/debian_version
wheezy/sid
>uname -a
Linux mnms 3.2.0-57-generic #87-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 21:35:10 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks for the help

Dibo
11-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Lightweight Linux Hubic Client

Hi,

Don't know if this is correct place to publish it.

Since Linux has a lot of file managers depending on desktop environment (KDE, GNOME, XFCE etc.) I made simple GUI client which should run on all X11 based environments. It is very similar to Ubuntu One client. I wrote it using Free Pascal + fpGUI framework and Hubic DBus API. Very lightweight (no Qt, Gtk dependencies). Final stable version will be open-source.

For administrators: Don't know if I can use "blue theme" similar like hubic and similar name "LubiX". If there is a problem please let me know, I'll change it.

http://s28.postimg.org/9cmv4szrh/lubix_fpc1.png

Notes
1. Tested on Kubuntu / Xubuntu 32 and 64bit
2. Tested on hubic daemon 1.2.4.35
3. Hubic daemon must be installed and running (GUI will notify you about this)

TODO
1. Exclude folders (done)
2. Filtering (done)
3. Localizations
4. Published files view (done)
5. File operations (delete, move, copy) (partialy done)
6. Distro installators (.deb, .rpm)

Latest changelog (0.9.6 Beta):
- Very lightweight! Decided to leave Qt framework. Client is rewritten from C++ and Qt to Free Pascal and fpGUI. No external dependecies (like Qt, Gtk, and dozens others), only DBus and X11 libs. It will run on KDE(Qt) and GNOME / XFCE(Gtk) environments, because user interface is drawed directly on X11. Result: One small native executable file ( size <1 MB) and memory usage less than 2 MB
- New view "Published"
- New view "Excluded"
- Views filtering
- Deleting files
- Files count
- Bug fixes (but I rewrote client so there could be new ones )

BTW: If someon want version for FreeBSD then let me know, I'll build it (it take some time because I need to create virtual mashine)

Downloads (0.9.6 Beta)
Linux 32bit: lubix_fpc_32bit.zip
Linux 64bit: lubix_fpc_64bit.zip

Regards